MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

Motorcyclist Killed In Hampshire (By Loomies) 25/06/08

Motorcyclist Killed In Hampshire (By Loomies) 25/06/08 - Forums [Biker Match] Motorcyclist Killed In Hampshire (By Loomies) 25/06/08 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

Motorcyclist Killed In Hampshire (By Loomies) 25/06/08

Motorcyclist killed in collision A motorcyclist has been killed in a collision with a car in Hampshire. The motorist, a 21-year-old man from Germany, was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving. The 32-year-old rider from Scotland who has not been indentified, was involved in the collision on the A272 at its junction with the A31 near Winchester. He was taken to Southampton General Hospital following the incident on Wednesday night but died from his injuries. The driver of the car remains in custody while inquiries continue. Police have appealed for witnesses. Be careful everyone please... this is a great road but no matter how carefully you ride there is no telling who else is on the road. RIP and condolences to those left behind... Dave, Leigh & Craig xx

Update Reply
wiccan-one @ 26/06/2008 14:19  

Another guy was killed riding back from Poole bike night on Tues, he was a friend of a friend and came from the Taunton area. Please everyone ride safe and get home in one piece.

Update Reply
Scary @ 26/06/2008 14:52  

as i mentioned on another thread road accidents are at a alltime low BUT NOT FOR MOTORBIKE RIDERS!!! so slow down look well ahead be alert !!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 26/06/2008 18:46  

as i mentioned on another thread road accidents are at a alltime low BUT NOT FOR MOTORBIKE RIDERS!!! so slow down look well ahead be alert !!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 26/06/2008 18:47  

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 26/06/2008 18:47  

think god meant me to say it thrice!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 26/06/2008 18:49  

R.I.P. .... This thread has made me order a fluoro vest for riding down to England next week. Figure I should do all I can to make myself visible on the roads where people get easily distracted. Ride safe

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 26/06/2008 18:51  

what a scottish invasion?you paintin half your face blue?

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 26/06/2008 18:53  

TeeCee. Don't rely on dayglo vests. Don't rely on riding with your headlamp on, Don't expect every other road user to see you. Just ride like everyone out there is trying to kill you. Even when you (Think) you see someone at a side road 'Look you straight in the eyes', still expect them to pull out in front of you. You have to allow for other 'Assholes' mistakes, It can cost you dearly. I have been told that I sometimes drive and ride too slow, my answer is that I am trying to allow for 'Their' stupidity and I want to survive. It ain't no good if you are dead, whether it was your fault or not, you're still dead. That is how I have survived (So far) riding a motorbike. So try to stay alive, it's much more fun and if you decide that you want to be an asshole, then please do it miles away from me. If you act like an asshole, you usually prove that you are one. Thank you and good night. M.S. Just outside Coventry. News at ten. Slightly pi**ed. Probably feel better tomorrow. But then again, maybe not. We'll see. Probably a bit more pi**ed than I realise but then again, what the hell, I don't do it regularly. Night. Night. M.S.

Update Reply
M.S. @ 26/06/2008 20:55  

LOL @ MS! Good advice tho!

Update Reply
wiccan-one @ 27/06/2008 04:53  

lol @ TM!!! My face is usually half blue anyway - something to do with me chewing biros.....

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 27/06/2008 07:40  

M.S. Thanks for the advice - wise words indeed! I ride an all bike black (with minimum chrome), black riding gear and a matt black helmet so the flouro vest was just to give myself any advantage I could in adverse or dusk/dawn light. I hopefully ride as you describe too. I also saw your other post about the a**hole bikers - can imagine how that made you feel!!! Nowhere near as bad as your incident, I had a sportsbike overtake me as I was overtaking a tractor on Sunday... he must have thought the amber flashing light on my right hand side was a low fuel indicator or something... bless!

Update Reply

All things being told, I am now reconsidering my journey down to Beaulieu next week. I have been planning it for ages and have spent a lot on prepping my bike and buying equipment etc, but it just doesn't feel the right thing to do anymore. These forums and postings of accidents & incidents have been of great use to me, along with some other signs that I have seen. It is not fear, just intuition...

Update Reply

Oh TeeCee, thats a shame... I am sure you would be absolutely fine riding down... with all the safety gear you have bought, and the fact you are a careful rider, you should potter down on the Throbber and enjoy the journey!!??

Update Reply
wiccan-one @ 27/06/2008 09:08  

(Having said that... we just did the round trip to Kilmarnock in car & caravan rather than bikes & tent!!!)

Update Reply
wiccan-one @ 27/06/2008 09:10  

Lol - I am sure I will be rumbling around those roads at some point, wiccan-one, just not next week.... I have to take notice of the signs around me. For now, I will just tour the Highlands and Islands rather than deal with city traffic... that's a whole new set of skills to learn! I will still be going to Motorcycle World though, albeit with 2 more wheels than intended.

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 27/06/2008 09:26  

Don't forget Teecee you are coming down to my neck of the woods you may get more than you bargain for!!!

Update Reply
Scary @ 27/06/2008 12:57  

Oh Scary, I'm a hard bargainer.....

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 27/06/2008 13:03  

TeeCee. 'KISMET'. Follow your 'Gut' instincts. I think that sometimes, there is 'Someone up there' giving us signs. Don't ignore them. Apologies for my previous rant. I had worked my way through half a litre of Malibu without realising, until it was too late. God! have I paid for it today, I still feel sh*t. M.S.

Update Reply
M.S. @ 27/06/2008 13:03  

Scary. Put me down for more than I bargain for too, if you please, should I ever be in your area.. M.S.

Update Reply
M.S. @ 27/06/2008 13:08  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email