MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

New Rules in Spain, Italy and France July 1st 2008

New Rules in Spain, Italy and France July 1st 2008 (2) - Forums [Biker Match] New Rules in Spain, Italy and France July 1st 2008 (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

New Rules in Spain, Italy and France July 1st 2008

mines green!!!and you werent listening i was asleep!! in a car yu hear a beep beep my green light is slightly below me sight line an not bright enough!! an indicators are stuck to far out to the side!![excuses excuses!!]gonna bring them in closer that was the only misshap[apart from comin off!!!] on a excellent ride on a far as i'm concerned an excellent bike i'm happy! end off!!oh my 92 sportster has self cancelling woohooo!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 11/06/2008 12:31  

I was actually thinking about the buzzer/indicator thing at the weekend... would warn pedestrians when you were turning at a junction... would have it only activated at low speeds though lol @ fog horn (they are Vance & Hines Short Shorts on mine... an audible device loud enough to be heard over them is still to be invented!)

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 11/06/2008 12:36  

bet youd hear me fart!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 11/06/2008 12:40  

A lad who lived in a local village to me back in the 70's/80's had an audible warning on his bike fitted to his indicators...... So do I at moment (only sound when trailer attached lol)

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 11/06/2008 12:42  

now yu mention it i fitted one to a honda dream!!!or was it already on it ??long time ago !!!! will look for one!!!good idea son!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 11/06/2008 12:47  

lmao @ TM... and also eeewwwwwwwww!! HR - I thought I had heard some vehicles with them on but couldn't remember hearing a bike using them... but then I don't get out much! Great thing about my pipes - if a pedestrian crosses in front of me as I turn, I just blip the throttle and they jump so high in the air I ride underneath them.... Same with cars on singletrack road... I just burble up behind them and sit on their offside rear corner... then they pull over at the next layby as they think the noise is their gearbox just about to explode... and I zoom past!

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 11/06/2008 12:49  

think noise is good cars[an pedestrians] hear yu comin[spesh when filterin] an most pull over in fact its rare to get an twonk who wont!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 11/06/2008 12:58  

If they don't pull over I just do the Sammy Miller thing and ride over their roof - they HATE that!!

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 11/06/2008 13:01  

Funny you should say that it was a 250 dream lmao (daddy)? pmsl

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 11/06/2008 13:41  

I had a Kwak 250 of 1980-ish vintage that came with one. Used to drive me up the wall.

Update Reply
Wills @ 11/06/2008 14:43  

Hey Tee Cee, Wouldn't worry too much about your Harley breaking down, I'd actually be more concerned about getting it started in the first place! but that's just me - what do I know! Oh and you don't have to wear dayglo lellow cos it comes in other colours too - like bright citrus orange!! Yum

Update Reply
CHATPAL @ 11/06/2008 15:28  

Hey Chatpal! Starting it has never been a problem.. it is stopping the damn thing catches me out! As soon as they invent Dayglo Black I will consider touring Spain, Italy or France again.... (it is the only colour I wear)

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 11/06/2008 15:36  

Yep Tee Cee, no brakes, don't go round corners (that should be ok on the Continent tho - lots of straight roads - don't know how you're gonna get to Dover tho' - Ah I know - put it on a trailer, then you'll be ok for the breakdowns as well!

Update Reply
CHATPAL @ 11/06/2008 15:41  

Oh yeah, one more thing - the vibrations (only pillioned on a Harley but could still feel the vibration in my legs days later!!!) Aahhh the memories ...

Update Reply
CHATPAL @ 11/06/2008 15:43  

All a Harley needs is a good rider to tame it.... Mine corners like a supermoto!!

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 11/06/2008 15:47  

Oops - in danger of hijacking this thread so better get it back on topic!! What was that you were saying about having to carry spare glasses abroad, TM? And do you know how this applies to contact lenses??

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 11/06/2008 15:49  

if you wear spec's yu need a spare pair but guess yu'll have spare contacts anyway! spare bulb set is compulsary an european number plates or gb sticker,but i dont think the kids i saw on scooters an 125's buzzin around are hardly bothered by the cops they seem a law unto themselves helmets never strapped up[sometimes no helmet especially the pillion!always a gorgeous girl] an allways in shorts an t shirts[saw a few bikes an scooters goin 3 up] they seem more interested in hasslin cars an lorries especially! the cops not the kids! an didnt take long for yu to get Harley bashed on here did it?out they come with the same ole same ole!!! or rather they come out of an ole or there up there own ole! best stop gettin confused!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 11/06/2008 18:38  

Thanks for that TM!! Sounds like I am going to need panniers just going out for the day!! Think I would have to get the GB tattooed on my arse cos I aint sticking it on my bike!! Now, if they made it law to carry a gorgeous pillion... Yeah, my poor Harley gets it in the neck again....lol...or ole.... She ain't perfect but she's mine.... actually, she damn well nearly IS my perfect bike.

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 11/06/2008 18:54  

i ended up like right gippo everything strapped on wiv bungy's one of the highlights was comin of the ferry with a load of Harleys an drownin santander wiv noise you would have been proud[in more ways than one]the whole rd was a parade great!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 11/06/2008 19:04  

Well don't try to take a trailer into Spain!!! Only euro country that bans bikes towing them grrrrrrr...... (still know I'm in a majority towing every little luxury but once it's bought it's yours lol) not the hotels etal!!!

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 11/06/2008 19:19  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email