MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

New Rules in Spain, Italy and France July 1st 2008

New Rules in Spain, Italy and France July 1st 2008 - Forums [Biker Match] New Rules in Spain, Italy and France July 1st 2008 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

New Rules in Spain, Italy and France July 1st 2008

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p> New rules coming into force on the 1st July, in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on">Spain</st1:country-region>, <st1:country-region w:st="on">Italy</st1:country-region> and <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">France</st1:place></st1:country-region>, that all road users have to carry a fluorescent jacket to be worn if they are stranded at the roadside. The fine for not carrying one is 90 euros, but you can pick one up for £4.99 inc p&p from MCI TOURS on 0161 941 7149 or via the website at www mcitours. com. <o:p></o:p>

Update Reply
Sandi @ 11/06/2008 08:30  

Wouldn't it be cheaper to pay the fine?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 11/06/2008 08:32  

I would have to wear the vest all the time - no storage on my bike!! (assuming I wasn't touring...) 90 euro = £71.22 I'll just pay the fine... better to be poor than uncool What are the chances of my Harley breaking down anyway? *cough*

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 11/06/2008 08:35  

I guess not then lol @ my parc knowledge If that rule applied in England a couple of years ago, when I was riding my bike, I would have had to wear one all the time, the bike was at the road side more than it was ON the road more

Update Reply
Sandi @ 11/06/2008 08:46  

And how much did it cost (Tax payers money) for a team of 'Euro Experts' to dream this one up. I bet one of the 'Experts' has shares in a company that makes em,(Rubs hands together). What will they think of next?

Update Reply
M.S. @ 11/06/2008 08:47  

lol @ Kwak! That would put you even more at risk then as the fluoro vest would camouflage you against the yellow lines by the kerb!! Is it just me, or has the whole World gone crazy?

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 11/06/2008 08:52  

Why not just paint your bike in dayglo? Best thing to do with Harleys anyway.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/06/2008 09:04  

Grrrrr @ XKLYBR!!! Is dayglo the new black???

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 11/06/2008 09:17  

My bike wasn't a Harley it was a Honda CM. I think there is a letter missing off that tho, cos then it would make sense CMI aka Can't Make It lol I've just realised TC edited his post, now I've read it again I see what you meant by the Harley dig lol No TC it aint just you, it seems that way to me too

Update Reply
Sandi @ 11/06/2008 09:19  

Oops- sorry about the edit - always the perfectionist!! (Although I do try not to edit after someone has replied...) lol @ CMI Just stick GB plates on the back.... (Getting Better)

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 11/06/2008 09:27  

LOL I can't, I sold him a couple of years ago A bike dealer came to take photos of my bike (Taffy) for the internet (he also worked in an ebay style shop at the time) and said he thought I'd get £50 for the bike, I told him where he could shove his advert and sold it for £150. When I told the guy how much I got for the old rust bucket erm...I mean Taffy...he said 'bl**dy hell, do you want to come and work for me at the bike shop?' lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 11/06/2008 09:33  

wow - you should set up you own bike shop!!! Kwak Shack?

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 11/06/2008 09:37  

Kwak - tell me u didn't fall 4 that old chat-up line.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/06/2008 09:55  

thought the law was already in place as i took one an did wear it in the appalling weather i had tryinn to get over the pyrenees[pair o knee's]also yu had to take spair spectacles although no cops bothered me to check cept once when a cop had his siren goin an came up alongside to tell me my indicator was still on [woke me up at least!]flamin Triumph non cancelling jobbies mus get that sorted!! and has xklbr the qualifications to mock Harley's?sat on is toy!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 11/06/2008 09:58  

What's this? A Triumph man taking the side of a Harley man! Wonders never cease. And at least my indicators piggin work!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/06/2008 10:09  

Never understood why the backs of indicator housings weren't made so that the rider could see when they were still flashing and not just visible from the front.... then it would catch there eye in the periphery of their vision or when they checked their mirrors rather than having to notice the little light on their speedo unit. They probably can't make the indicator a sphere as the bulb needs a reflector behind it but surely a little hole & lens in the solid housing somewhere.. Anyway, hopefully most bikes have self-cancellers now...

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 11/06/2008 12:04  

That's what that little amber warning lights for (it's located on or around the speedo/rev counter!!!) Well on most decent bikes lmao

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 11/06/2008 12:18  

lol... ok smart, but it obviously doesn't work, the number of riders you see happily going along with their indicators still flashing. I meant something that would be more noticable during your normal pattern of riding. I don't have that problem on my Harley anyway... the indicators have normaly fallen off after I have ridden a mile or so....

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 11/06/2008 12:27  

Well fit an audible warning buzzer or horn?????

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 11/06/2008 12:29  

O hang on a min (fog horn to be heard over screaming eagle open pipes lol)

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 11/06/2008 12:30  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email