MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!


We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

5

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site


Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

BM or CM

BM or CM - Forums [Biker Match] BM or CM - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

BM or CM

 Posts: 9       Pages: 1/1

Post Reply
Hi Mat I’m wondering if you should change the name to CM as we seem to have more people turning up in cars and camper vans than on bikes

   Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 25/09/2026 19:57  

Your not wrong bill the kiss rally was very disappointing in the turnout of bikes. I understand some are unable to come on 2 wheels but it's becoming the norm at all events.

   Update Reply
JP @ 26/09/2026 08:22  

I see your point gents but, JP, you yourself have in the past invited members to attend camping weekends by telling them to arrive by car, bicycle and even rollerskates. Indeed at K.I.S.S. rallies, bikes ought to be the dominant mode of transport, but in todays financial climate, people might not be able to afford to run a bike and a car. Does that automatically exclude them as a biker, even if they have been around bikes and bikers for many years/decades?
Just something to mull over before making members feel unwelcome to events in the future.

66

   Update Reply
Double six @ 26/09/2026 15:12  

We also have a fair few pillion members.... 🤔

   Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 26/09/2026 15:35  

I think Bills comments were just a light hearted observation rather than a specific criticism as there are lots of cars/vans here...but I know what it's like to not be allowed to ride on medical grounds and have to attend in a car a la Kiss Rally/ BM 20 , so sometimes you don't get a choice. 😔

   Update Reply
Strom67 @ 26/09/2026 17:28  

And sometimes turn up on my scooter so how about calling it SM...
On reflection perhaps not, it might attract the wrong types 😆

   Update Reply
Steve_H @ 26/09/2026 17:56  

😲😲😲🤣🤣

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
And sometimes turn up on my scooter so how about calling it SM...
On reflection perhaps not, it might attract the wrong types 😆
...

   Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 26/09/2026 18:14  

D6 Yes I have and I stand by what I said but when you look at bike rallys now there are very few bikes attending even mag events are going the same way.

   Update Reply
JP @ 27/09/2026 12:55  

I am surprised to hear mag are allowing anything other than bikes or trikes into rallies. I suppose a diminishing and aging biker group is inevitable.
I must admit that had I attended K.I.S.S. or this weekends gathering, I would have been in the car myself.
Work atm is full on for me and the prospect of travelling anywhere on downtime isnt relished. Not only that, I cant be arsed getting a bike on the road.

   Update Reply
Double six @ 27/09/2026 18:25  

 Posts: 9       Pages: 1/1

Back to top
Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email