MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Proper Bikers !!

Proper Bikers !! - Forums [Biker Match] Proper Bikers !! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Proper Bikers !!

Please don't shoot or condemn me for asking 🤐
but are there any single proper bikers on here ?
Old School...

Update Reply
Blue Angel @ 20/03/2024 12:09  

Define 'Proper' biker?

Update Reply
Oggy @ 20/03/2024 16:46  

What's a proper biker?
Someone who wears a piss pot lid, dirty jeans and a leather cut. But only rides his harley to the local bike meet once a week in the summer and looks like a cliche.
Or someone the covers 20k a year over the last 40 years, rode all types of bikes from sports to tourers with hard tail chops and off roaders in-between.
Rides all over the country and Europe.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 20/03/2024 16:47  

👍 Nailed it!
----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
What's a proper biker?
Someone who wears a piss pot lid, dirty jeans and a leather cut. But only rides his harley to the local bike meet once a week in the summer and looks like a cliche.
Or someone ...

Update Reply
Oggy @ 20/03/2024 17:04  

The repeat posts are getting a tad tedious....

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 20/03/2024 22:39  

Most bikers think they are a real biker but others aren’t lol
Yes I’m a proper biker but sadly you are so far away
Rod

Update Reply
Busaflyer @ 21/03/2024 00:59  

there's peeps who wear piss pot lids, leather cuts, dirty jeans and does 20k a year aswell I'm sure 🤔😁...and on a Harley!!!

and then there's.....live to ride, ride to Tesco brigade...and some of them ride sports bikes and all in one racing leathers.....

it's a big old mix of alsorts and we all entitled to post what we like where we like ...

ain't us hoomans great 😂😝😝😝

Update Reply
soozie @ 21/03/2024 18:03  

What repeat posts ??

Quote:
The repeat posts are getting a tad tedious.......

Update Reply
Blue Angel @ 21/03/2024 23:28  

Rod,
Thank you , being a proper biker yourself , you knew exactly what I meant , but some think its necessary to reply with long drawn out essays or sarcasm , so thank you 😘

Quote:
Most bikers think they are a real biker but others aren’t lol
Yes I’m a proper biker but sadly you are so far away
Rod...

Update Reply
Blue Angel @ 21/03/2024 23:39  

Here ! Here!...... Well said Soozie ,

Quote:
there's peeps who wear piss pot lids, leather cuts, dirty jeans and does 20k a year aswell I'm sure 🤔😁...and on a Harley!!!

and then there's.....live to ride, ride to Tesco brigade...and some of t...

Update Reply
Blue Angel @ 21/03/2024 23:42  

I get out on my bike as much as I can but due to my occupation cannot commute to work so don't clock up that many miles. I try and do a long ride at the weekend and go away on tours for a holiday each year. Not sure if that makes me a real biker but I enjoy it all the same. All the best.

Update Reply
Stu69 @ 22/03/2024 00:31  

I don't see any "long drawn out essays or sarcasm".
I was just asking you which one is the "proper biker". Maybe you should ask the question, Are there any bikers on here that have a traditional biker look? if that is what you are after.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 22/03/2024 06:24  

Most of us on here are nicely matured, that's the 'old' bit sorted.
The majority will have and ride a bike or trike so that the 'biker' qualification ticked, (although there may be a few dreamers).
I have met a few people to whom 'proper' is in their description, but it's not a compliment. Not on here though, everyone I've met has been fine although frequently barking mad.
The 'single' bit is where things can get a bit dodgy.

Good luck with your search for that needle in the haystack.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 22/03/2024 07:23  

Just remembering several posts of yours in the past about looking for 'old school' or 'proper' bikers. Why not scroll through profiles yourself to look for whatever it is your looking for. What you think a 'proper' biker is might not be what others think one is

Quote:
What repeat posts ??

Quote:
The repeat posts are getting a tad tedious.......

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 22/03/2024 10:04  

Children can we please not squabble amongst ourselves about who is and who isn't a biker . If you own a two/ three wheeled . Then I have to inform you that you are a biker , because the normal people in tin cans say so and it is their solemn duty to try to kill or maim you every time they see you are sitting astride your velocipede .
I think that concludes this discussion

Update Reply
Grumpy of the Seven @ 22/03/2024 12:31  

Surely a proper biker is someone who adopts motorcycling is part of their lifestyle in whatever way is appropriate for them. A person who appreciates the freeedom and exposure to the elements that bikes provide and enjoys the cameraderie of the motorcycling community and being part of that fraternity to whatever degree they want to.
It doesn't matter whether you're a cut-off wearing cruiser rider, a Rukka wearing adventure biker, a matching leather wearing power ranger sportsbike rider, a Belstaff wearing classic bike rider, we all have that common passion that bikes ignite within us.

Update Reply
Jorvik @ 22/03/2024 16:27  

I believe that owning a bike and getting a full licence these days is SO stressful and expensive that anyone who does so legally is, in my book; a 'proper biker'.

Update Reply
Optomist @ 22/03/2024 20:51  

Ok !! ok!!!
(1) There's the biker that buys a bike as pastime or hobby to enjoy or there is......
(2) A biker who has been a biker for many many years yes Ragnar with a cut/leather jacket and maybe part of a MC or a HA ... etc
I prefer the latter in all honesty .

It is just a simple question at the end of the day ! 👍🏼

Update Reply
Blue Angel @ 22/03/2024 21:21  

If you have seen my "tedious" posts before then you need not of replied if they were not to your liking ? logical really as it just causes animosity 🤷🏼‍♀️

Quote:
Just remembering several posts of yours in the past about looking for 'old school' or 'proper' bikers. Why not scroll through profiles yourself to look for whatever it is your looking for. What you th...

Update Reply
Blue Angel @ 22/03/2024 21:25  

Look we are all different but we all share one thing a love of two wheels . Which makes us outsiders to normal people (non bikers) if we can't get along together we may as well give up . I hate to say this but the French bikers have got it right they respect and acknowledge everybody on 2 wheels as equals . Something we seem to have forgotten I in this country

Update Reply
Grumpy of the Seven @ 22/03/2024 22:00  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email