MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

I'm on 2 wheels again and I LOVE IT!!!!!

I'm on 2 wheels again and I LOVE IT!!!!! - Forums [Biker Match] I'm on 2 wheels again and I LOVE IT!!!!! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

I'm on 2 wheels again and I LOVE IT!!!!!

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! Picked up my honda shadow 600c today and its fantastic to be back on 2 wheels again after an 8 year break to raise Titch!! Its a great bike to ride, handles really well, and after stalling it twice (nerves LOL) on the drive way I eventually set off, with Dave & Titch following on the 1100, for our first outing this afternoon! A quick (well, fairly slow actually!) 5 mile blast followed by a coffee and 3 fags at MacDonalds, and we were off again at a much more confident speed and a longer cruise around!! Titch loved his first ever pillion ride (kitted out this morning in really cool 2-piece, lid, etc), and Dave is really proud of me too! :o) Looking forward to a summer full of weekend bike rides and lots of BM meets with old and new friends :o) xxx

Update Reply
wiccan-one @ 01/03/2008 17:54  

wooohoooooo! picked a great bike for returning to two wheels on too!

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 01/03/2008 18:15  

You can't beat riding your own eh? wiccan-one Safe journeys

Update Reply
Sandi @ 01/03/2008 20:02  

Wow you sound like you had a blast Leigh !!! Cool bike too ! Ride safe and looking forward to finally meeting up

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 01/03/2008 21:07  

Thats fantastic Leigh - role on the summer on 2 wheels to many nice pubs te he!!!! Ride safe and see you soon Xv

Update Reply
middlv @ 02/03/2008 04:37  

Cool news Leigh whoo hoo Three cheers for ride outs

Update Reply
ZZRpilot @ 02/03/2008 13:48  

nice one Leigh, good to have another lady on a bike. soooo, Matlock Bath meets then, or even Rock and Blues this year!!!!!! come one it will be good. Mr Shaggy

Update Reply
Mr Shaggy @ 02/03/2008 14:52  

what happened to u today mr s?

Update Reply
RC @ 02/03/2008 14:54  

Hey Leigh, Hope you managed to thaw out this afternoon - Pob and I hugged our mugs of tea at various intervals throughout the afternoon to keep the blood flowing!!!!! XXv

Update Reply
middlv @ 02/03/2008 14:57  

Another fantastic day biking today too after Titch brought me breakfast in bed, bless him and Dave for helping him! We rode 75 miles in the gale force winds today and I still loved every minute of it!!! See you all soon, Dave, Leigh & Titch xxx

Update Reply
wiccan-one @ 02/03/2008 14:57  

Aw bless him thats great Its really good that Titch can go on the back of Daves bike - role on the summer hurrah! XXv

Update Reply
middlv @ 02/03/2008 15:00  

So pleased for you wiccan and well done you for braving the wind today for another ride out, I whimped out and went to Matlock in my car. Take care and keep safe out there.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 02/03/2008 15:04  

great news hun .... safe journeys xxxxx

Update Reply
nina @ 02/03/2008 15:40  

Excellent news Leigh. Hope the break of having our littlun and biking isnt too long!!!!!!! Mike has already said that he will baby sit if my dad cant so I can get back on my bike. Only 12 weeks to go and feeling very big now. (look it too) Went out today and I was in the bloody car and Mike on his TL Lucky sod. Ah well at least I had music and the dog with me lol Hope to see you soon Leigh. XXXXXXXXX

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/03/2008 16:04  

congratulations wiccan one,nice to hear your back on two wheels.

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 02/03/2008 17:41  

great feeling eh another female rider on the road too, good one great choice of bike too ride safe

Update Reply
lcotgrave @ 03/03/2008 02:47  

Always great to see a kid with a new toy All the best with it Wiccan.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 03/03/2008 15:12  

Cheers everyone! Praying for good weather again this weekend! I need to get my confidence up (and speed up) going round the smaller roundabouts, but Dave says I am doing great with the rest of my riding! I am loving every minute of it! And Titch is so chuffed that he is a "real biker boy" at last bless him Just want to say a HUGE thank you to Dave for following me around on the bikes all weekend, giving me advice and guidance every time we stopped, and looking after my baby who was sitting behind him with a cheshire cat grin on his little face!!! xxxxxxx

Update Reply
wiccan-one @ 03/03/2008 17:41  

you are doing excellent for someone being off the road for so long hunnie keep it up and the roundabout thing will pass!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Update Reply
monkeyhanger @ 03/03/2008 17:57  

Wiccan - it's all about confidence Have heard way too many stories for my liking about w*nk*rs that ride out with less experienced riders and then criticise them We all started out somewhere, as you know, and coming back from a break may be a bit daunting - but at least you've got someone decent by your side to get you back on track May you and Dave ride happily side by side forever - and Titch too in his own time (nurture our future bikers - we need them) To you all (and everyone else) Ride Safe, Ride Happy, Ride Free xxx

Update Reply
stueylewie @ 03/03/2008 20:57  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email