MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

IoM TT

IoM TT - Forums [Biker Match] IoM TT - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

IoM TT

So excited, it's nearly here after a very long break - who's coming over to see us this year then? 😊

Update Reply
MAC IoM @ 15/05/2022 19:22  

I wish I was. It's a few years since we last went, the TT is an awesome thing that everyone who rides a bike should experience.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 15/05/2022 20:06  

Lots of changes over the years though Steve, not all for the better 😒, but still a great experience 😊

Update Reply
MAC IoM @ 15/05/2022 21:43  

All being well I'll be over on the 28th for the whole fortnight. Very much looking forward to it and trying to keep an open mind about some of the changes. Really hoping the radio coverage isn't going to lose its appeal 🤞

Update Reply
bcjone @ 16/05/2022 10:36  

Well I hope you have a fab time and the weather holds out. If you need local contact for anything message me, happy to help where I can

Update Reply
MAC IoM @ 16/05/2022 18:53  

Always been on my bucket list to do but always been put off by the accomodation scramble for the event. Not sure this is still the case but friends have informed me that everything is pre-booked in advance and your left with a tent miles away from any life or a mud hut in the fields 😂

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 16/05/2022 19:05  

There is that Mick, accommodation is a challenge and if you're camping and the weather goes 'orrible its not easy to pack up and go home.
Fortunately SWMBO has friends in Ramsey we stayed with the live music scene there was brilliant.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 17/05/2022 17:41  

Is it true they’ve got cameras and cut the speed limit down to 30mph over the mountain?.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/05/2022 16:13  

Ditto Steve. Heard that people that go regular, pre-book while there, for the following year.
So with that a definite challenge to finding something.

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 18/05/2022 16:35  

Hoping to get over next year instead. I'll have missed out on my marshal discount on the steampacket but it's still worth it.

Update Reply
kittyhawk @ 18/05/2022 16:44  

Hi All, re accommodation yes can be bysy, and travel, and yes, often booked far in advance. Campsites have improved a lot over the years. Homestay is very popular and monitored/registered via Tourist Board.

Some restrictions around course in recent weeks re roadworks in prep for races. During race fortnight mountain one way, open to all motorised traffic (not pushbikes) and no speed restrictions except for beginning/end whilst traffic filtering. Can still get done for dangerous driving/riding though. Village speed restrictions enforced.

Update Reply
MAC IoM @ 20/05/2022 13:29  

Hey Kittyhawk, we look forward to welcoming you next year 😊

Update Reply
MAC IoM @ 20/05/2022 13:30  

Haven't been since 2017, you know life gets in the way sometimes, hope to be going next year.

Update Reply
Moto996r @ 21/05/2022 10:51  

Moto996r like the pic with Joey, did you not get one with Hizzy?

Update Reply
MAC IoM @ 21/05/2022 17:35  

Heading over early Tuesday.
Certainly been missed over the last cpl of years

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/05/2022 20:39  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email