MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

success of online dating ?

success of online dating ? - Forums [Biker Match] success of online dating ? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

success of online dating ?

Hi, I was just wondering how good people think online dating is?
It would be interesting to know if people's expectations were met in the number and kinds of people they dated? . Also has filling in online profiles and talking to strangers made you aware of anything about yourself that might be improved in order to increase your chances of finding a partner? As a newbie am on a fact finding mission : )

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/07/2021 15:52  

Read the testimonials on here, gives you an idea for this site...? Me personally... I've met my husband on here, so in my case... It worked. Now iam more after friends, riding buddies and ride outs. Met some of my best friends on here too

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 12/07/2021 17:53  

hi mate,online dating i think goes more on looks if you dont tick my box your out,but if you get talking to some one even if they dont tick the box you may find there ok to know,on the other hand you may get talking to some one that is just there for fun and kicks, its a hard one to fathom hiding behind a screen one can say and post anything,i live alone and no i dont want you to meet my family or friends should set bells ringing,always meet in an open place and let your friends know were you are even if ytour friends just across the road in there car,i hope this helps and not put you off searching for the one

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/07/2021 17:57  

Hi, I have no idea, i'm a newbie to this myself after being married for 22 yrs, having just received my decree absolute last week. Offering up topics like this for discussion is certainly a step in the right direction though. Consider this for a moment, if expectations were not met, was it a case of false advertising or just not knowing what the individual really wants ? Perhaps its a case of perception meets reality...... Is there a lesson for all of us to maybe take as we find, and seek first to understand the person before we jump in with both feet ? We're not all perfect, maybe if we learn to accept and appreciate those little imperfections in our potential matches we'd all have a little more luck in the lottery that is life. Happy to discuss over a cuppa. :-)

Update Reply
Daytona1969 @ 12/07/2021 18:08  

I love online dating, it means I can meet and break up with someone without ever leaving the house....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/07/2021 18:56  

Join the queue...☺

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 13/07/2021 21:16  

I'll second that... or is that third? 🤔🤣🤣

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 14/07/2021 12:32  

well i met Andrea on this site, 2 years later we are still ok

Update Reply
rocker21 @ 14/07/2021 13:25  

Hit and miss lol. now I have a new bike with Solo seat looking on here to see if there are any Lady Bikers interested :-) so fingers crossed

Update Reply
Bikerdude2009 @ 17/07/2021 20:29  

For online dating join a dedicated dating site and hope they match you up but at least you'll have a reasonable chance of find local folk who are also looking for a relationship. BM is fabby for what it does: giving you a chance of meeting someone with a shared interest - but you have to put in the work - including looking at how active a member has been recently.
I joined just looking for friends and rides or meets to go on, and I got them, but I got so much more and have been happily shacked up with Danny for 8 years now, so it does happen.
If you stay home or in your usual circles things will stay the same, you just need to put yourself out there again.
Good luck.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 25/07/2021 21:29  

In my case,geography is my worst enemy..i live in Gloucestershire,most of the eligible
ladies who can see past the 'age' thing, seem to live great distances away...(fyi,i don't mind travelling to see someone special)
Regards from a Bad Billygoat Gruff..:)>>
Also it seems very often 99% of ladies who put 'male' in the 'looking for' box really aren't...for one reason or another..or another..or another..:)>

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 26/07/2021 06:50  

Hi there, i've had no success with online dating. I've been on various dating websites for a few years now, with no luck at all.Although they weren't motorcycle dating sites.I am 36 and still single.Getting out and meeting people is the only chance, of finding a partner.It is for me anyway.Perhaps it might be for you.

Update Reply
NathCBR01 @ 16/08/2021 15:54  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email