MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

A northern BM camp?

A northern BM camp? - Forums [Biker Match] A northern BM camp? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

A northern BM camp?

I'm just casting out some feelers here to see if there is any interest in a camping weekend up in Northumberland.
Me and SWMBO have just had a couple of days at Clennell Hall, a big old stately Hall Hotel in the depths of Northumberland.
They have rooms for those that want them, camping for the rest and are more than happy to have a bunch of bikers in the bar spending money on food and beer.
If you want to go walking there are miles and miles of it just outside the hotel, if you want anything else (shopping, theatre, restaurants, proctologist, massage parlour etc) you will need to travel. In fact other than walking or looking at the scenery the only thing to do is ride.
Fortunately Northumberland is excellent riding country blessed with hundreds of miles of emptiness; so not many people to show your new akrapovic to (except the sheep and they don't care) but there are plenty of chances to wear the tyres down.
There are also a few castles and that sort of thing if you get bored of larking about on motorbikes.

It is a long way north for a lot of you so this might work better as an extended weekend or full week.
If there is enough interest I'll look to plan something either later this year or next once we're all a bit more post pandemic and have got our shit together.

https://www.clennellhallcountryhouse.com/

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 22/05/2021 16:48  

Yes depending on date and if I can get the time off

Update Reply
JP @ 22/05/2021 16:59  

Why would anyone want to go to your post-industrial wasteland?

Update Reply
SlowGoose @ 22/05/2021 18:13  

This far north of my post-industrial wasteland... it's Reiver country 💀

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 22/05/2021 18:28  

Count me and Mrs Goose in Stevie.
If anyone hasn't been it really is beautiful with some amazing roads and not very many cars.

Update Reply
SlowGoose @ 22/05/2021 18:59  

Could well be interested in June or July. Later in the year getting a bit full as everyone seems to be moving events to then

Update Reply
Winchester @ 22/05/2021 20:32  

It would be good for something between the Bracan rally and Barmouth camp

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 22/05/2021 20:43  

Part of the UK I have never visited. Certainly looks worth a visit, and with the option not to have to carry camping gear.

Update Reply
GSNige @ 23/05/2021 14:11  

If chosen dates are free for me, definitely. Fantastic area. Part of the charm is lack of people, so keep it secret !

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/05/2021 17:57  

Would be up for this if I can get the chosen dates off work - would personally opt to stay for "long" weekend or the week

Update Reply
Mister Pete - Optimist @ 23/05/2021 19:22  

Well thats an encouraging start.
I've been thinking about this a bit more. Northumberland is a big and beautiful place and as a minimum you will want to visit Lindisfarne and Kielder forest both of which will inevitability end up been full day rides, so a four day event is going to be the realistic minimum. Perhaps a Thursday till Sunday or a Bank Holiday weekend or even a week like we did for the Scotland trips.
To allow people enough time to plan their holidays this puts it back to next year, also by then and we will also have a little more assurance about Covid.
Having said all of that I might do a weekend trip late July / August this year as an exploratory trip but it will need to avoid Izzy's do and Barmouth cos I can't be in two places at once.
I'm sure this will creep onto the drunken agenda at the Wales camp.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 24/05/2021 13:22  

Count me in Steve

Update Reply
peter1200gs @ 24/05/2021 15:11  

While your up there you can visit the fantastic 'Jim Clark Museum' in the quaint town of Duns. You can visit his famous dwelling and his resting place in Chirnside too.

Also a great village called Bellingham near the Kielder which as a little Industrial museum, nice shops & cafes as well as a camping (plus bunk houses) spot for an extra night at Demesne farm.

https://jimclarktrust.com/jim-clark-motorsport-museum/

For info on Demesne Google search Demesne bunkhouses/campsite

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 24/05/2021 15:29  

Another left field option if anyone just fancies a weekend away, come up to Middleton in Teesdale and I'll show you round 😉
Two hotels to choose from, The Teesdale Hotel and The Forrestors. Both charge sensible prices, have good beer and awesome food - trust me on this, both are a bit special 😋
Two campsites, Leekworth and Daleview on the edge of the village.
We might even have a party at my gaff... 😁

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 24/05/2021 16:38  

Sounds interesting ... count me in (provisionally 😁) x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/05/2021 19:09  

I'm also interested depending on dates 👍🏻

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 24/05/2021 20:46  

Danny and I are up for either a week or a long weekend, but can't be the first week in any given month for me - too much to do and I wouldn't even ask for time off.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 24/05/2021 21:40  

Always up for bike rides in Northumbria. Depends on dates etc but a strong possibility 😄

Update Reply
SusiPop @ 26/05/2021 17:11  

I'm not coming back to Middleton, last time my handlebars fell off.

Update Reply
SlowGoose @ 26/05/2021 20:04  

Ah yes, I remember that bit of hilarity Goose. Did you ever have a word with f*ckwit that decided to fix them on with half a nail and a bit of used chewing gum?
Still it slowed you down enough to keep up (down?) with SCOOTIE 🙂🙂🙂

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 27/05/2021 05:58  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email