MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Events Mileage

Events Mileage (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Events Mileage (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Events Mileage

Quote:
GSRalley Izzy is coming to the Barmouth camp why not ride down with her and meet a few of the strange folk from down south...

I'll actually be down south Wales the weekend before that with my MCC, so probably not a trip I'll be doing twice in a week sadly.

Quote:
Sorry GSR but I have to say ...and that's exactly why nothing is happening nearer to Scotland.

The meets/rideouts/camps can be arranged by any member in any area.

It's easy, pick a date & time, a destination, and advertise it in the forums, get it added to the events calendar and then sit back and watch. Members will stick their names on the event and comment on the forum. Arrange a rendezvous point if you want to travel together, if not, give a rough idea of time to meet at the destination. It's easy believe me, I've done it.

Speak to izzyhill she's in Hamilton and has arranged stuff before, I'm sure she can give you some pointers too.

Give it a whirl, what you got to lose?

Fair, but my comment was a genuine question. Not all of the events on the events page are organised by BM members as far as I can tell. There are a number of events hosted by the wider motorcycle industry, MCCs, etc., that BM members just happen to be involved with / go to? I've never been to a rally of any variety, the entire idea of them is somewhat terrifying when the only image you've ever seen of them is a bunch of drunk 50 year old blokes (no offense to the drunk 50 year old blokes, have at it!). I'm clearly not gonna travel 200, 400, whatever miles to be stranded at a potentially horrific experience of an event :P So genuinely, does nothing (regardless of BM affiliation) ever happen in the north? There's obviously TITG and the MCN Show at Ingleston, but legit never been aware of anything else? As it's "not my scene" that's maybe to be expected. I'd far rather dip my toe into a known, established event, properly organised by someone who knows what they're doing. If I just want out for a jolly, I can do that with my MCC :P

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/05/2021 08:38  

A quick search on Google;
"Motorcycle Rallies in Scotland"
Simmer Dim, Shetland
Full armour, Kilmarnock
Thunder in the Glen *
Hally Racket*

*Cancelled
Not sure about Simmer Dim n I think Full Armour is a day thing but TBH as i won't be going to any of them I didn't read it.

Izzy will be your best point of contact for info on events in Scotland.

Doesn't anyone in MCC give info on such things?

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 05/05/2021 13:38  

Marylebone Cricket Club do bike rallies??? Crivens!!

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 05/05/2021 16:29  

My mileage came up as 28 when it's nearer 50 🤷‍♂️

Update Reply
Winchester @ 05/05/2021 17:05  

As mentioned above, it's as the crow flies (providing it's got both wings in working order!)

Lol @jinx57

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 05/05/2021 17:19  

Going from the Fens and up the coast of the Wash I expect that the wind plays a part for the poor crow. 🐦
I couldn't find a black one so here is the lesser spotted Blue Crow

Update Reply
Winchester @ 05/05/2021 17:48  

I always follow an Albatross now after I found out the dodo was flightless 🤭😂

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 05/05/2021 19:07  

Hik...hello and a warm welcome..🙂..JP is the font of all knowledge on here..the chat room can be entertaining and the events calender..menu top left pull down...can be good for a laugh..bring on the 17th...all change !

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/05/2021 20:36  

Speaking personally, I resemble a bunch of drunk 50 somethings when I'm at a rally 😉

Update Reply
Cupid Stunt @ 05/05/2021 21:06  

It's important to note that it's not just male 50 something's.

I am proud to say that I'm usually swaying and dancing like a loon after a beer or six!

Try it, ya may like it! 😁🍻👍🏻

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 05/05/2021 22:06  

I feel the over 60's need a mention too,we're up and still drinking and peeing when the youngsters are asleep...lightweights..😎
May i just add that riding 225 miles on mostly A and B roads to meet up for a coffee ,banter and sausage baps was joyful too ,the other weekend at Rothley...blessem.

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 05/05/2021 22:08  

I can vouch for ya Jinx, stargazing, JD in hand, when I got up in the early hours to make use of the facilities at Barmouth camp. Although you weren't much help when I got lost on my way back to my tent! I thought you were The Night Watch.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 05/05/2021 22:19  

Death Watch,as in beetle,me deario..lol

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 05/05/2021 22:20  

Hi Hkeri08. New on the website also and having fun learning how to get around the site successfully without screwing up to many times. Getting fed up with all the rain showers this week and cheating by using four wheels some of the time to bike meetings in my area of Norfolk. The flatlands around here can be fun with dodgy roads and canals on both sides to fall into. Enjoy yourself.

Update Reply
Twinhead @ 25/05/2021 14:49  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email