MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Touring

Touring - Forums [Biker Match] Touring - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Touring

How do you start a group tour?,I'm thinking of doing applecross this year ,all depends on this lockdown,so it's just going to be up and off,don't mind going on my own but would prefer company,the more the merrier,plus it would be great to meet people.

Update Reply
The mancunian @ 29/01/2021 13:39  

Applecross is amazing. Been a couple of times (pilly). That whole area is defo worth doing.

With everything as it is at present throughout the UK, organising anything is pretty much a waste of time.

You could spend sometime route planning, finding out how much interest there may be from members. Choose a few possible dates just in case (by some miracle) lockdown is eased/lifted.

Good luck🍀

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 29/01/2021 23:58  

Been there a few times, great riding up there, just put a post on here asking if any one wants to join you, or post it as an event on the events page, we often have a camp near Inverness so also look out for that

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 31/01/2021 03:33  

The French are saying France will be open for business by April so provisionally booked accommodation for a 4 day jolly round northern france and Belgium as a first run out at the end of June and if things don't improve we have lost nothing . Gotta think positive people

Update Reply
Grumpy of the Seven @ 01/02/2021 10:36  

Hi I have also been to AppleCross
Fantastic it's a must go and take pictures, keep breathing as your ear's pop and if your doing 40 mph your going too fast .
Applecross road is a bit narrow with passing places keep an eye out for the campervan coming towards you because it's that tight .

Update Reply
Francisbarnet @ 08/02/2021 15:08  

In the spirit of optomism,i'm booked for the IOM Southern 100 in July...if the racing's cancelled,then i'm still over there,and on a bike,for the week..:)>

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 10/02/2021 10:22  

Lots of plans n routes already in place but no point in getting giddy ... Yet!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 19/02/2021 20:18  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email