MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Vaccine Coming Soon

Vaccine Coming Soon - Forums [Biker Match] Vaccine Coming Soon - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Vaccine Coming Soon

John Smith stadium, on Leeds Road in Huddersfield is going to be the venue where Kirklees folk will get their vaccination, according to Huddersfield Daily Examiner.

The UK has become the first country in the world to approve the Pfizer/BioNTech coronavirus vaccine.

Britain's medicines regulator, the MHRA, says the jab, claimed to offer up to 95% protection against Covid 19 illness, is safe to be rolled out.

The first doses are already on their way to the UK, with 800,000 due in the coming days.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 04/12/2020 06:40  

Amen and Allelujah! Not before time.

I wonder what, if any, side effects there are, and if the vaccine will be ok with other medications most of the population take.Time will tell.

Keep sanitising those hands, and your environments. I don't think I could cope again, mentally, with all this lockdown shite.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 04/12/2020 06:42  

there is an article in forbs.com from medical people saying there is a chance of getting aids from the vaccine,no probs there as the pharma companies will sell you the meds for that too,as always do your own research on anything. https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberthart/2020/10/20/researchers-warn-some-covid-19-vaccines-could-increase-risk-of-hiv-infection/?sh=558a3d403740&fbclid=IwAR3sr-Ie7NvQP0SmDfQnMXsdr_qd-UJz6r5M-KaUhle-OEHNcFDGH6aImHc

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/12/2020 21:14  

A slow death or a quick kill choices choices

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/12/2020 22:59  

OMG Jof, I hope not. How do we know that what we read is accurate, either way, good or bad?

Lol at Duke's comment. Well at least the farce is consistant.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 05/12/2020 09:46  

just look at fb and youtube any one that post anti vax stuff is removed,bill gates has invested heavily in vax research,again do your own research,his med research programs have been booted out of India and south America that's no secret,bill gats personal opinion on there being too many people in the world and his love of wanting them tracked is no secret

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/12/2020 16:27  

Apparently, the common cold is also of the COVID family; they haven`t got a cure for that yet so having a vaccine for this COVID after only a few months? Doesn`t add up to me....
And also, the way the human immune system works is to be exposed to whatever illness, infection, etc, to be able to build up enough antibodies to fight it off. Yet the government has tried to keep everyone isolated from the "virus" & now plans to deliberately infect those people with the same "virus", because after all, a vaccine is traditionally a small amount of whatever disease it`s supposed to cure!
And ask yourselves why, if this cure has been developed quickly enough, why are there no successful vaccines for Hepetitis, AIDS, etc, which have been around for so much longer?

Of course, these are only my views on the situation; others may have their own individual views, which they`re entitled to.

Update Reply
Wraith750 @ 05/12/2020 23:13  

There is a lot of dangerous nonsense spouted and it should be corrected.
The Forbes article does not say you can get AIDS from a vaccine. The Lancet letter to which it refers is very specific about studies done on the Adenovirus 5 (Ad5) vector. In summary, it says that in Ad5 positive uncircumcised men having unprotected anal intercourse with an HIV positive person there was a noted increase in risk of acquiring HIV in the first 18 months after having an Ad5 vectored vaccination. Less conclusive results were found in heterosexual men. Ad5 negative, circumcised men were not at increased risk. The conclusion was that the Ad5 vector should be avoided in areas of high HIV infection which does not include the UK.

HIV is different to other viral infections in several ways most notably it does not cause an immune response and can lie dormant in the body for a long time before developing into AIDS. This makes it harder to control with vaccination.

Hepatitis A, B, and E have safe and effective vaccines. Hepatitis D is controlled to some extent by the B vaccine.

Smallpox, Polio, HPV, chickenpox all have safe and effective vaccines.

Influenza A (season flu) evolves frequently and the vaccines for that are changed twice a year.

Update Reply
Shuttle @ 06/12/2020 09:05  

Also the covid vaccine does not contain the actual virus like the flu vaccine. Reading arguments on sites like Facebook does not convince me either way, sometimes it cracks me up the kind of stuff people post 😂 😂 😂 obviously because of the speed these new vaccines are being developed and will be approved the long term effects are not known. They managed to do this that quick is because they didn't have to wait months or years for funding, logistics and trials.

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 06/12/2020 10:34  

It probably all boils down to....the common cold rarely kills anybody,Covid will kill if left untreated..:/

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 06/12/2020 10:46  

Only thing I'm worried about is will it have long term effect , before long it won't be mandatory. It will be no vaccine , you can't work , no vaccine , you can't enter shops , and more importantly no vaccine , no getting on flights , heard on radio the other week one flight company in australia going to do no vaccine no boarding plane rule , but this is only what I've heard ,I pray vaccine works and we can all get back to normal

Update Reply
zx12r ninja 03 @ 06/12/2020 11:24  

Ok, I wasn't going to wade in on this thread but this is my take on the situation.
The common cold and influenza are both of the corona virus family, as stated above, there is no cure for these only inoculations to enhance the bodies own immune system.
In 2002 the Sars epidemic hit the stage, that was going to kill us all..........it didn't.
2012, Mers. Another epidemic which was touted as being the big ender of life........it didn't.
2016, Zeka virus. Yet another viral epidemic deemed to be the appocalyptic to end all human life....it didn't.
They don't have a vaccine for Sars or Mers after 18 years and 4 years respectively, despite advances in medicine and constant research into them. All of the above I have quoted are a form of corona virus, and they want you to believe they have a vaccine for C19 after less than 12 months research? I don't think so. The human body has evolved over time to adapt to infection by producing antibodies, some can't cope with it and succumb, most fall ill and get over it.
I am pro-choice, if you want to put your faith in pharmacuetical remedies thats fine. I have been known to take antibiotics in the past for various ailments so i am the last person to hypocritically say you shouldn't take meds. All I am saying is that people tend to believe the narrative trotted out to them by the mainstream media and politicians, what I will say is think outside the box for yourself before joining the flock and queueing up for the jab.

Update Reply
Double six @ 06/12/2020 11:36  

I,m only listening to and reading the official information , not from armchair experts who have no qualifications, no experience in the field of virus studies and just make stuff up from their own heads. This made up information from these people is more dangerous than the virus itself. Like said before , the non vaccinators will have to carry on wearing face masks to get in shops while the rest dont, and will have problems getting insurance or having to pay much higher premiums, life insurance will be invalid, foreign travel will be very difficult if at all, all in all their lives will be the same as now, still restricted and many will continue to die.
Thats my lot!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/12/2020 12:15  

In other words, coersion. Basic rights taken away from you for control purposes.

Update Reply
Double six @ 06/12/2020 13:05  

I have first hand knowledge of the SARS outbreak in 2003 when I was living in Taiwan. The major difference was unlike COVID-19 it was mostly non- infectious until after symptoms became apparent. The main symptom was fever and everywhere you went in Taiwan your temperature was taken, 150,000+ people were quarantined in about 4 months, fewer than 100 turned out to be SARS positive. This quick action isolated the virus and it died out naturally before a vaccine was needed. I know nothing of MERS except the Oxford team in this country had been working on a vaccine for it and shifted their attention to COVID immediately it became apparent in January.
The question is, do you trust the research scientists with years of experience following a rigorous method and open to thorough peer review and scrutiny on which they stake they reputations and careers or on some bloke having a hunch based on a misunderstanding of the underlying science? I favour the scientists.

Update Reply
Shuttle @ 06/12/2020 17:34  

Everybody has a right to their own opinions, or have we suddenly been transported to communist Russia or China? As you state shuttle, the Oxford scientists have been working for years on a vaccine for Mers with little or no breakthrough, and yet we are expected to believe that in less than 12 months a new vaccine for a totally new virus has been developed. Until I see solid evidence of it I will exercise my right to be sceptical. I for one will not be tripping over my feet in the rush for the magic bullet.

Update Reply
Double six @ 06/12/2020 17:48  

You're welcome to your opinion. I am just giving facts for other people to understand whether your opinion has any merit.
So far in this forum we've had presented as fact :
That Covid vaccine gives you AIDS - Wrong, the main transmission method for HIV is unprotected sexual intercourse with some sexual practices more risky than others
Hepatitis doesn't have successful vaccines - Wrong, A, B and E do have vaccines, D partially, C can be treated.
HIV doesn't have a successful vaccine - true but that virus is not susceptible to to vaccines and there are successful treatments
SARS hasn't got a vaccine - true but it is relatively easily controlled by containment
MERS hasn't got a vaccine - not sure but research into new vaccine techniques was well advanced pre-COVID

Update Reply
Shuttle @ 06/12/2020 18:30  

I only mentioned Sars, Mers and Zeka, I knew Hepatitis was treatable but that was a long time in coming. I can remember having to go into a traveller camp in the 80's to investigate possible causes for Hep C and having to dress up like an astronaut in protective clothing before even being allowed onsite.
Where the aids rumour came from I neither know nor care, but it does sound very implausible considering general knowledge over that particular infection.
Herd immunity hasn't even been considered since very early on when the PM touched on the subject and then it was hushed up very quickly.
Just for clarity, I have never denied the existence of C19 nor the fact it is a nasty variation of the coronavirus, I do question the methods employed by global governments to control it.

Update Reply
Double six @ 06/12/2020 19:08  

The flu vaccine doesn't contain the flu virus. Ask your Doctor/pharmacist.
If you get flu symptoms after having the flu vaccine then you already had the flu. The vaccine takes the sting out of the flu, for those, like me, who have a non existent immune system.

As this Covid virus is a variant of other Covid viruses then they already had vaccines for those so that's why, allegedly, they have got a vaccine so quickly. That's what I read on the WHO updates. Don't shoot the messenger lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 07/12/2020 08:16  

Assuming that the information is correct, would the Queen be allowed to be vaccinated if there was any chance of failure?

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 07/12/2020 20:13  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email