MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Vaccine Coming Soon

Vaccine Coming Soon (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Vaccine Coming Soon (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Vaccine Coming Soon

Sorry guys I'm with the science, but the more antivaxers the better as it will get me and mine further up the queue.

Back in my younger days it seemed most towns had a resident nutcase who wore a tinfoil hat under the delusion that it stopped "them" reading his mind. I suppose the modern equivalent are those that believe this pandemic is a hoax or about Bill Gates it trying to put control chips in people.

Seriously though. The vaccine isn't compulsory but it does require enough people to take it up to develop wide enough immunity to bring Covid under control.
We're not going to do a smallpox and get rid of Covid (like flu thousands will still die every year), the mission is to get it back in its box so the healthcare systems aren't overrun.

Feel free to read the lunatic fringe stuff but also look at the science and what the medical people are doing.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 08/12/2020 07:13  

Good question VStrom.

Interesting comments in all responses.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 08/12/2020 15:05  

I'm going to give it a go when my turn comes, if it works then great or conversely if it kills me then I won't be worrying about it any more..

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 08/12/2020 16:31  

Would I take a vaccine?
Yes I would.

I have a fair amount of trust in science compared with the crackpot conspiracy theories etc, BUT given the cock ups we've seen in this country so far, have I got any faith in the government?
No way!!!!

Do I suspect "Pressure" was applied so the UK could be the first?
Yes.

Straight away we're now seeing warnings about allergic reactions.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coronavirus/people-who-suffer-significant-allergic-reactions-told-not-to-take-new-covid-19-vaccine/ar-BB1bLryM?li=BBoPWjQ

Surely this should be something that had been researched long ago?
Highly qualified people were already criticising a lack of transparency/Lack of information.
That's something we've seen from day 1 I think.

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 09/12/2020 11:34  

I won't be taking it. The swift change in laws ensuring Pfizer and other drug companies are immune from prosecution, the money involved that doctors will earn from each jab, the division stirred up amongst people and insidious coercion (A vaccine card..really?) that is being perpetrated by MSM and doctors/virologists who speak out against the need for a vaccine being gagged. All these things together make me wary of this vaccine. As someone else said earlier in the thread, always do your own research into this, you don't need to be a medical doc or scientist to have a view. Neither are you an 'anti-vaxxer' for exercising your right to question this.

Update Reply
Lulu7 @ 10/12/2020 08:09  

Morning all. Sorry to start the day with a serious post but this has been doing my head in.
You may have noticed I've been quiet for a while. It's mainly because of the frequent "debate" going on about Anti-Vaxxers. Mostly the mocking of those with different opinions and jokes being thrown around, and in honesty I've found it easier to just take a step back than to constantly argue with people.
However, I am now coming forward to stand up and say I'm firmly in the Anti-Vax camp.
There, I've said it.
I have my reasons, like many anti-vaxxers, but it's important that everyone approaches this sensitive topic armed with the information THEY know to be true. I know my truth and I have first hand experience that backs up my stance.
I once had a Vax and it was the worst vacuum cleaner ever. I will never buy one again. All these armchair experts have clearly never experienced the disappointment of having to go over the same piece of carpet again and again to pick up the same biscuit crumbs or dog hair. I am firmly in the Dyson camp and I will not to be told otherwise.
I bid you good day.

Update Reply
Cupid Stunt @ 11/12/2020 12:27  

Apparently there is a worry about the side effects of the vaccine

Update Reply
GL Blue @ 11/12/2020 12:32  

This word " Apparently" just means idle gossip between tittle tattlers and hits my OFF button straight away.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/12/2020 14:49  

It;s not idle gossip it,s been on the news.

Update Reply
GL Blue @ 11/12/2020 15:44  

Must admit I often use the word apparently if I've seen/heard something on the news/reputable source which (To me.) means it's PROBABLY true.

Having said that if it was on Facebook or something similar, it's PROBABLY all bollox!

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 11/12/2020 17:10  

were the rats of the world again testing the shit why does no other country including the one where its made allow it thats weired and when brexit ffs ends thank fook we will be last on orderd list

Update Reply
dennyboo @ 11/12/2020 20:51  

I'm with NickEyres on this one..i'm a Dyson regular(ish) user so see no use in slagging Anti - Vaxers..i'll make my decisions based on heresay,rumour and casting runes under a full moon(preferably naked), before setting my Pfizer to stun...:)>
I wonder how many chemical companies supress progress on a vaccine for the Common Cold..because they sell lots of cold treatments....hmmm..:/

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 11/12/2020 23:20  

I,m with jinx on this one .

Update Reply
GL Blue @ 12/12/2020 10:49  

I've had my first jab through work and apart from feeling a bit achey the day after - I'm ok so far There's a lot of bull**t conspiracy theories doing the rounds - most emanating from the States where some people think that wearing a facemask and equates to Communism and the virus is a hoax [I can assure you its not]. I'll hopefully be immune in a few weeks - if you don't want the jab fine that's your choice - then stay in constant lockdown, there is no other way out of this apart from mass vaccination. We will never achieve herd immunity any other way

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/12/2020 17:57  

I expect i'll be required to just carry on regardless after the newest lockdown announcements,wonder if i'll be tested or innoculated this time around..??

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 04/01/2021 20:27  

Boris said you'll get both Jinx, in fact I'm surprised he didn't mention you by name.

Given his previous track record, what could possibly go wrong?

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
I expect i'll be required to just carry on regardless after the newest lockdown announcements,wonder if i'll be tested or innoculated this time around..??...

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 04/01/2021 21:08  

I'll await his call,i.c.,perhaps not hold me breath,though...:0>

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 05/01/2021 09:08  

Just had my 2nd Pfizer jab on Thursday - felt like crap the day after ...but hey I'm immune now - just wondering how many people have to get the jab for some restrictions will be lifted - can't see any thing changing until March at least

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/01/2021 11:24  

I'll get it done when asked to go ,this is only an opinion but I think before long you will be made to have it done ,it will be ,no vax,no flying ,no vax no going to work and so on ,but this is just an opinion ,opinions vary

Update Reply
zx12r ninja 03 @ 09/01/2021 16:23  

More reasons to have the vaccine than not! When we used to be able to travel abroad (remember that) we needed vaccines and certificates for many countries. Cholera, smallpox, yellow fever etc. That was never an issue, so..... No problem 😷

Update Reply
Dove @ 10/01/2021 10:44  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email