MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

When do you ride

When do you ride - Forums [Biker Match] When do you ride - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

When do you ride

Some 20 or so years ago I was an all weather rider even did long journeys in the wet & wind now I check the weather in the hint of rain my trike stays at home, do you ride all weathers?

Update Reply
póg mo thóin @ 18/10/2020 13:09  

Always

Update Reply
Tezza1958 @ 18/10/2020 17:19  

Like Tezza, always when I want to get from A to B

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 18/10/2020 18:34  

When I had a bike it didn't matter what the weather was like, my old bike liked to be pushed more than ridden! 🙄 LOL, It kept me fit.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 19/10/2020 23:45  

I`ll ride as much as I can all year round, in most types of weather although I draw the line at ice or snow. I try to avoid high winds too but have been caught out in some bad storms where I`ve been blown across the carriageway a bit; that`s scary!

Update Reply
Wraith750 @ 19/10/2020 23:58  

When, and only when, it pleases me. Getting too old for all this crap about 'you aint a biker if you don't ride in all weather', been there done that got all the T-shirts.

Update Reply
Double six @ 20/10/2020 00:09  

All year around,but no snowy rides these days...sometimes take the car if it's emptying down at time to leave,but prefer bike 99% of the time,cheaper to run,lol

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 20/10/2020 08:37  

I didn't pass my car test till I was 32 so rode a bike all weather's, loved the warmth, dry, comfort of a car so my biking days got left behind for a few years, now I chose the time/weather that I want to go out in, unless I've made plans like a rally then it's whatever the weather is at that time

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/10/2020 01:16  

All weathers except very strong gales!

Update Reply
Lulu7 @ 28/10/2020 11:35  

Any day with a Y in it

Update Reply
JP @ 28/10/2020 12:00  

I'm retired now so only ride for pleasure, so if it's dry I'll ride, if not I won't.

When working I only commuted by the bike in nice weather, although my commute didn't involve much traffic so there was no tactical advantage in biking.

I'm a smug git I know :-)

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 29/10/2020 18:14  

Love the frosty mornings,usually going to be dry and sunny those days,even if it is a tad nippy...""OO""

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 04/11/2020 10:06  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email