MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Peoples thoughts on electric motorbikes ?

Peoples thoughts on electric motorbikes ? - Forums [Biker Match] Peoples thoughts on electric motorbikes ? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Peoples thoughts on electric motorbikes ?

I know what you mean Brengunner, I am of much the same view with 4 wheels.. Electrically powered vehicles are called Milk Floats. The IC engine is the integral part of personal transport due to sound, vibration etc. Having said that I am not averse to putting an alternative fuel into it so that I don't kill the planet, preferably made from a recycled waste product that we seem to have so many of that we have to export!

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 16/10/2020 02:17  

Electricity can be very good for boiling kettles,trimming beards,or generating kitten pictures on the internet,but...fzzzzzzzz when open the throttle rather than BRAAAAAAHHH!!!...not for me i'm afraid...my offspring may have no choice,but i'll stick to burning fossil fuel derivatives,merci...""OO""
NO apologies for Luddite attitude,my opinion only...:)>

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 16/10/2020 07:42  

Shocking!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/10/2020 07:47  

Lol at Yarg's comment.
I certainly hope not.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/10/2020 10:02  

Ive been on one there terrible you have no idea when the power is comming ,you carnt feel if you need to change gear and you carnt even tell when there switch ed ffs and the worst theres no noise wtf how many people will get killed cos cars carnt hear you ? thousands id say

Update Reply
dennyboo @ 16/10/2020 19:16  

You can't beat the noise of a noisy exhaust also you can identify many motorcycles by them can you imagine a Harley with batteries however I guess people will not have a choice one day, we will have to listen to uTube how it use to be

Update Reply
póg mo thóin @ 18/10/2020 13:48  

Having been at the TT when the electrics were first unveiled there I can't say I'm any more of a fan now but I went on an electric crosser half day thing a few years back and that was bloody brilliant fun 🤗

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/10/2020 21:51  

Maybe if they can make the technology small enough we could have a hybrid, quiet and socially acceptable to those who don't understand two wheels (or 3 no offence to trikers) vehicle in town and then grab a big handful on the open road and the noise cuts in?

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 19/10/2020 12:02  

Perhaps some folded cardboard and a peg to hold it against the wheel spokes...? A lolly stick would do too,both are sensible recycling too..👍👍

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 20/10/2020 14:55  

Anyway,if i did buy one,has anybody got a 12 mile long extension lead i could purchase..??

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 27/10/2020 09:16  

I think the way this post died a swift and natural death,shows how people actually feel about washing machines.....erm...meant electric bikes..;)>

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 19/02/2021 22:47  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email