MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Cambridgeshire Rides Out

Cambridgeshire Rides Out - Forums [Biker Match] Cambridgeshire Rides Out - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Cambridgeshire Rides Out

Due to the lack of undulations in our own county does anyone fancy a leisurely ride out to Cannock on the 6th?
With an early start we could even make the Yondermann at 10:30 and join Nick & co. for the run down to Cannock and hopefully see some real scenery.

Norfolk, Beds, Northants welcome if there is somewhere sensible to meet en route?

Sensible speeds only, my hairs white enough already!

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 02/09/2020 13:12  

I was thinking of taking a run out to there myself, cutting across to join the A5 & heading straight up that way. It`s a decent road where you can keep a reasonable pace without needing to go hyper, & plenty of fuel stops, should the need arise.

Update Reply
Wraith750 @ 02/09/2020 21:28  

Sorry I missed out Hertfordshire especially as I was born there. I was thinking of J1 of the A14 to cut through to the A5, but which way would be your cut through Wraith?

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 03/09/2020 07:12  

I have a couple of different cut throughs to the A5; a meandering one going through the lanes & Woburn deer park to pick up the A5 at Brickhill, just south of Milton Keynes, or I use the infamous A507, past Shefford & Ampthill to cross the M1 at J12 & pick up the A5 at Milton Keynes.

Update Reply
Wraith750 @ 03/09/2020 08:01  

Bit of a detour south for me so how about Magna Park roundabout at A5/A4303 junction west of Lutterworth as a meet. I used to go to North Wales on a Cb125 twin 30 odd years ago but I expect the A5 has changed a bit!

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 04/09/2020 17:08  

Sounds like a plan.
A few parts of the A5 have changed over time; extra roundabouts mainly & new industrial estates springing up along the way, but generally good. Most of the traffic uses the motorways, thankfully.

Update Reply
Wraith750 @ 04/09/2020 21:25  

OK, assume as you're talking about the A5 that's straight to Cannock. Should be not much over an hour from Magna Park but can get there anytime. Might even get some more interest if the weather's not too bad.

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 04/09/2020 23:18  

Ok, sounds like we should aim to be at Magna Park for around 11.30 to midday.

Update Reply
Wraith750 @ 05/09/2020 10:56  

Would suggest that you consider coming off A5 and going through Lichfield & Rugeley - and not bother going through Cannock as Springslade is north of Cannock. Would then come into the last part of the ride the same way as the main group if they are still coming via Blithfield resevoir and Rugeley

Update Reply
Mister Pete - Optimist @ 05/09/2020 13:54  

Yes, I had been thinking about just that a little earlier, as the A5 starts getting messy where it runs alongside the M6 toll road after Tamworth

Update Reply
Wraith750 @ 05/09/2020 16:13  

Happy to be at Magna Park earlier and go with this plan, will now try to work out if we can be ahead of Nicks people to join them somewhere unless you know the area Wraith?

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 05/09/2020 18:35  

If you stay on A51 ring rd around Rugeley and take a right at the island with Colton Rd (opposite Station Rd) and head past the train station under the bridge that takes you into the B5013 to Blithfield Res which is only a couple of miles outside of Rugeley.
Looks like Nick will be passing there around 12:15 to 12:30 - There is a car & park prob ice cream van on the other side of the bridge coming from Rugeley end which could be a good place to meet?

Update Reply
Mister Pete - Optimist @ 05/09/2020 19:19  

Thanks for the info MP-O, OK with you Wraith?

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 05/09/2020 19:52  

That sounds fine to me, as I`m not too familiar with that area once past Tamworth.

Update Reply
Wraith750 @ 05/09/2020 20:02  

Great see you both at Blithfield - I will either be going up to Ashbourne to meet up with Nick (as i love the road across to Uttoxeter) and riding back with him - or will be meeting up with him at Blithfield myself - I will be on Orange KTM SMT - what are you both riding so I know how to recognise you? - although not a big car park it does get a few bikes there at times

Update Reply
Mister Pete - Optimist @ 05/09/2020 20:11  

Funnily enough I will be on a V-Strom 650 Xt, or more precisely the large black and yellow thing on the black and yellow thing! And just to check you meant the Watery Lane Car Park on the NE side of the bridge?

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 05/09/2020 20:16  

Silly question really then lol - yes the Watery Lane one
I am not colour co ordinated like you - old leather with blue shoulders / blue lid - and a bright orange bike
oh well save me some ice cream

Update Reply
Mister Pete - Optimist @ 05/09/2020 20:23  

Excellent, well I guess Wraith and I will have to be at Magna Park for 11 if we're going to the reservoir. I better make some notes for my tank bag unless you have a sat nav Wraith?

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 05/09/2020 20:26  

Sat nav? Me? No chance! Good old fashioned reliable maps are what I navigate by, lol.
It looks like I`ll be on my R1150RT. You can`t fail to miss it - it`ll be the one splattered with reflectives, oh, & a Scottish flag on the front!

Update Reply
Wraith750 @ 05/09/2020 23:13  

Anyone up for a Sunday morning run up to Monyash to meet but not mingle with Nick and co?
Beds, Cambs, Herts, Norfolk, Northants for example, possibly a run through Rutland and on to avoid motorways?

We might not be able to do this again for a while...

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 24/10/2020 05:39  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email