MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Cafe Meets

Cafe Meets - Forums [Biker Match] Cafe Meets - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Cafe Meets

So, as officially there can only be 6 riders in an organised group on the road..... (I know, I know!) a few of us are trying to meet up regularly on Sundays at good cafes. This means folk can potentially ride there together and have a suitably socially distance meet. 😁

Keep an eye on the forum for notification 😁😁

Update Reply
Cupid Stunt @ 17/08/2020 09:40  

That went out of the window long ago. I went to Squires 3 weeks ago and they were packed in like sardines and last week there were approximately 600 at our local biker cafe on thursday night for a BBQ and fundraiser for Air Ambulance and local charity including some police and they just joined in. Large groups can regularly be seen on the roads around cafes in this and other fairly close places, Willy Woods for one which you went to Nick.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/08/2020 10:28  

Personally, I didn't think Willy Woods was full of large groups. There were lots of small groups of folk who were distancing between groups of others.

They seemed to be riding in/out in groups of 3 or 4 in the main.

Or was I day dreaming again and I'm thinking of somewhere else?

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 17/08/2020 13:07  

I,ve been there a few times recently and bikes were parked almost touching each other, no one seemed to be concerned with distancing and thats the case at most places tbh. They ride in and out in their groups then just mingle.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/08/2020 13:33  

I don't know what happened when you were there yarg, but when we went bikes were parked next to each other but I didn't realise bikes could transmit the virus.... 😂 😂 Social distancing was observed, queues were OK too and it was not an issue. To be fair, if you don't think it's for you, nobody is suggesting you have to join in and jeopardise what you think is right for you.

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 17/08/2020 14:04  

Bikes dont ride and park themselves. I didnt say it was an issue for me, i was saying not much distancing going on when i was there and the same at other places. Its not somewhere i,d go on my own anyway cos i dont think much of it as a place to go, the tea is like battery acid!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/08/2020 15:07  

That's alright then.... 😂 😂 😂

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 17/08/2020 15:24  

We're definitely at a place where what one person is comfortable with will be outside the comfort zone of others.
As for bikers....
As far as I'm aware, 6 is still the max group size, and pillions can only be from the same household..... Now, we've all seen how that's being followed but as a site I think we have to be seen to be following guidelines..........

Update Reply
Cupid Stunt @ 17/08/2020 21:04  

A bit draconian, excuse me. But riding just for pleasure, given the dire circumstances both th uk & the world health is in..well, isn't that to be discouraged altogether ? I'm guilty of helping a friend suffering mental degradation by riding out with them, so I could be deemed hypocritical...there is an argument concerning mental health and riding for pleasure..However.. it would seem not many on here use their bike as transport..I can always get a parking place at the supermarket..as the Kawasaki isn't that fat..🤣🤣..stay safe and follow the rules (if you can fathom them out 🤣🤣)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/08/2020 22:25  

I'm not having a problem with any of the biking social distancing up here out in the sticks.
I've organised a few ride outs but its only been 3 or 4 people and we tend to stick to the quiet roads, but that's because I prefer to not be riding through traffic.
As we're away from the main biker hubs the cafes are happy to see us and it is easy to do the social distancing thing.
Other places, e.g. Hawes, I've just continued straight through without stopping. They were all behaving as if it was all over while parked and the roads are too busy with cyclists, tourists, car enthusiasts and us lot too.

Everyone has to deal with the Covid situation as they see best, we all know the risks and how to manage them by now.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 26/08/2020 14:20  

I notice that nobody's mentioned the Ace reunion in 10 days time, is that because it's too far south or because there's rock all chance of social distancing? I was thinking of popping in on the Sunday but as someone who has to be a bit extra careful for health issues it probably won't be the cleverest thing I've ever done if I do!

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 27/08/2020 07:30  

@VStrom, The Brighton Burn Up part of the Ace Cafe Reunion is cancelled this year and TBH I would stay clear of the Ace Cafe and I only ever go there under duress.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 27/08/2020 17:16  

Cheers Ragnar, I knew about the Brighton run being cancelled but I haven't been that way for so long I had no idea what to expect. Trouble is the meets on here are about 2 hrs north just to get to the start!

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 27/08/2020 17:26  

Why not set up a run yourself v-strom;

🗓️ Choose a date
🤔 Choose a start point
🕥 Give departure time
🏁 Choose a destination
🏍️ Find a great route

Then post it up on 'Motorcycle Events & Rides Out'

Obviously stick to current guidance re social distancing etc. It's good to get out n about and meet folk 👍🏻

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 27/08/2020 17:52  

Good idea Lindsay but I'd probably end up as Billy No mates! Seriously though a lot of my spare weekends will be taken up with marshalling now rallying is back on the menu, however as I retire (very early ) next week maybe some midweek runs will be on the cards...

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 27/08/2020 18:18  

You could always organise & do a treasure hunt up and down the A1 🤭😬

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 27/08/2020 23:19  

What, all of it YM?

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 28/08/2020 01:05  

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
What, all of it YM?...

Just near your area and not necessarily around the A1 😛

Some info to get you started 😬

https://treasurehuntdesign.com/sunday-afternoon-car-treasure-hunts/

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 28/08/2020 10:32  

Thanks for the info YM. I have been on a few myself with various clubs, the illustration in your info looks a lot safer than trying to read herringbones or tulips on a bike!

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 28/08/2020 12:20  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email