MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

Help slow puncher

Help slow puncher - Forums [Biker Match] Help slow puncher - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

Help slow puncher

I would like some advice on what sort of slime/gunk stuff is best for my bike tier please?

Update Reply
VibeDGranny @ 05/07/2020 17:48  

It depends on what wheels you have if you have tubed tyres then it dont work very often but tubeless most makes will work if the puncture is small. Most motorcycle tyre fitters can supply and add it to your tyres when being fitted but it can be very messy when you get a puncture

Update Reply
JP @ 05/07/2020 17:52  

It's tubles & I'm trying to save money & quick fix it myself lol

Update Reply
VibeDGranny @ 05/07/2020 17:57  

It need's a bit of air about every 3 day's if i ride it, iv not been on it for about 9 day's & it's not completely flat but so needs air in tire to ride it lol

Update Reply
VibeDGranny @ 05/07/2020 18:02  

Tyres and saving money dont end well, Repair slime and most other quick fixes are get you to the garage or home.
As its a tube it a simple fix same as a push bike tube repair patch .

Update Reply
JP @ 05/07/2020 18:17  

It it tubeless so not like a push bike lol & i know it's ment only as a stop gap, till i can afford to get a new tire

Update Reply
VibeDGranny @ 05/07/2020 18:49  

As a temporary fix i always carry a tube of good quality super glue , it always seems to work on punctures .

Update Reply
NorfolkNgood @ 05/07/2020 19:43  

If you have a slow puncher.. I'd duck very quickly... 😂 😂 😂

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 05/07/2020 20:25  

Budleum,tish....back in the knife drawer with you,missy
..😆

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 05/07/2020 21:51  

Sort the puncture, do not rely on the temporary fix. The slime..etc is a get you home thing and will fail if you leave it..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/07/2020 01:52  

Vibe - I've used something called ultraseal in the past. You put it in the tyre from new and it will seal any small puncture, and it does what it says, but its not cheap and there are downsides.
The £10 tubes of squirty foam are to get you home, they don't last and the tyre cannot be repaired afterwards.
Why not take the bike to your friendly bike or tyre dealer and see if the tyre can be repaired.
Some people tut tut at repaired tyres, others race on them.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 06/07/2020 19:44  

Cheaper to get it repaired properly than keep doing temporary bodge repairs.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/07/2020 21:57  

Slime like fixes are a bad move. All you do is push the problem down the line and it's a bitch to clean out your rims later.
Couple of things.. have you checked your tyre valve? Seated properly/leaking? Bit of spit on the finger and smear over.. watch for bubbles.
Have you had the wheel off? Big basin of water and rotate it through looking for leaks. I assume you have eyeballed all the way around looking for nails/shards etc and especially on the sidewalls. If you find the leak on the tread surface a standard sticky plug set is as cheap as Slime and not complicated to use plus get several uses out of it. Also the fix is long lasting so get the rest of the wear out of your tyre.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Slime-20464-Tyre-Plug-Kit/dp/B00C5TJ1MM/ref=sr_1_13?dchild=1&keywords=motorcycle+tyre+repair+kit&qid=1594289126&sr=8-13
Good to carry on any lengthy trips!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/07/2020 11:07  

Thank you all, I managed to get someone out & had it fixed today! So im happy & safe to take doggo for a ride xx

Update Reply
VibeDGranny @ 10/07/2020 16:38  

BTW Biking mutts are cool! Love the goggles! Get you a tank bag big enough and watch him lean with you! :-)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/07/2020 12:58  

I have a dog carrier (like for a baby) that we use when we go pilly, but he loves his box lol

Update Reply
VibeDGranny @ 11/07/2020 16:43  

With alloy wheels a slight loss of pressure could be corrosion on the rim where the tyre seats, rather than a puncture.

Update Reply
SteamBiker @ 06/08/2020 10:08  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email