MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Bike rides

Bike rides - Forums [Biker Match] Bike rides - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Bike rides

Hi does anyone know if any bike rides are happening in east sussex.

Update Reply
Lloydey @ 12/05/2020 07:42  

If it is happening, i 'd advise bringing a pack of sarnies and a flask as there are still an awful lot of businesses not opening. Apparently gov advice is that it ok to go somewhere, maintain 6 foot distance and come home again in the same day. Thats what heard onnthe radio this morning from the health sec Hanky.
I cant say more than that. Send (admin) Matt a message. He should know.

Update Reply
Declan @ 12/05/2020 09:04  

Group riding is still a long way off so I can't imagine any organised rides until at least the next change in rules.
As it stands you can ride with one other rider maintaining social distancing when not riding.
Pillions must be from same household.
This is taken from an insurance company guide notes, different police forces will no doubt put different interpretations on some aspects so err on the cautious

Update Reply
Cupid Stunt @ 12/05/2020 09:32  

The main points of guidance being issued from owner clubs and insurance companies are;

From 13 May there is no reason not to take your motorbike to a location to relax, though ALL riders are urged to consider these important points:

The pandemic is NOT over – the lives of our families and friends are still in the balance

Maintain social distancing of two metres at all times

Check your bike over carefully when it’s been unused for a whileIf you put your bike on SORN, be sure to update it with the DVLA

If you didn't renew your bike insurance policy during lock down, do it now

Do you have an MoT? The six month extension only applies to bikes that were due an MoT AFTER 30 March.

Do NOT ride in groups – the government states that we must not meet more than one other person from outside our household, and we must maintain social distancing

The government has clarified that ‘people may drive [riding a motorcycle comes under this term] to outdoor open spaces irrespective of distance so long as they respect social distancing guidance while they are there’ but it’s important that we don’t see large groups of motorcyclists congregating at single spots

You are an ambassador for motorcycling – ride with care and consideration

Be respectful of all other road users

Do not ride across the Scottish and Welsh borders unless necessary until those countries change their rules

Update Reply
Cupid Stunt @ 12/05/2020 10:56  

You have it right Nick, it's not over yet and we can't ride or meet in groups

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 12/05/2020 13:30  

Too right.
I'll go for a quiet ride but the last thing I'm going to do is get close to people while all this Covid is still about.
Going to the supermarket is scary enough for me.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 12/05/2020 14:20  

Steve that's only because you always pick the trolley with the wonky wheel

Update Reply
JP @ 12/05/2020 15:33  

Nick, well said; we are all Ambassadors to the sport of riding motorcycles absolutely...and too often the fact is overlooked.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/05/2020 16:03  

People meet by Peters Fish Bar in Ramsgate Monday nights if anybody fancies a ride out to the coast before the weather turns bad

Was forgetting that from Saturday only groups of 6 will be allowed I am not sure if the meetups will go ahead but personally I would not chance it, but next year when things are hopefully better you may fancy a ride down to Ramsgate on a Monday evening

Update Reply
póg mo thóin @ 10/09/2020 03:08  

I think i'll pop over to Ramsgate Monday. If it's closed at least i gave the bike a run. Anyone fancy it.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/09/2020 19:04  

I went over to Peters fish shop last night, everywhere was open. There was about 20 bikes there when i left. Nice spot by the boats, shame the fish and chips let it down. But i will go again, it was a nice night out.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/09/2020 11:43  

One of these days I will do it but only about a mile or less from the fish shop I know others that do it as long as you had a good ride Hastings?

Update Reply
póg mo thóin @ 18/09/2020 00:50  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email