MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Will we be back on the roads from monday

Will we be back on the roads from monday - Forums [Biker Match] Will we be back on the roads from monday - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Will we be back on the roads from monday

Wonder if boris will be letting us out after monday ,

Update Reply
christopherlambert @ 09/05/2020 11:36  

Doubt it..

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 09/05/2020 14:56  

We will be getting another three weeks of lockdown I reckon

Update Reply
Z650chick @ 09/05/2020 15:17  

Back..? Not stopped yet,lol

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 09/05/2020 16:15  

I hate to be the bringer of doom, be Mr misery guts, and to stamp on anybody's wishes. But I'll be very surprised, if we make it out on our bikes this year. Whether it be a days ride, a tour, or a camp. In my opinion the bounce back is going to be much slower than originally perceived.

Don't get me wrong, I very much hope that I'm wrong and that my prediction is totally way off the mark and incorrect. But please don't look forward to any riding coming soon. We will just have to wait before we can vroom vroom down the road. I'm really sorry to say this peeps, but I just don't think Its gonna happen soon.

I think there's more pressing measures first ( to address) which the govt as to consider. Even though I don't agree with all of them. This will come with the govts exit strategy, and could threaten our chance to go out and enjoy our beloved riding for awhile😠

I'm sorry all, about my view, but that's it. It's just my opinion so there you are.

I think we all have a long road ahead of us and we'll just all have to be realistic. Its just not going to happen anytime soon. For me this year is a non starter 👎

Watch Boris thwart me tomorrow with his first exit plan. Oh bugger. Lol 😂🤭

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 09/05/2020 18:17  

I think you're about right Mick. It can't be an 'off you go back to normal', there is far too much at stake.
I expect it will be some measures to start getting the country working again, possibly in conjunction with a roll out of the tracking app.
Perhaps it will just be an announcement of a plan to be instigated over the next few weeks.
Leisure riding / driving to different areas is likely to remain off limits till there is either a vaccine or effective treatment.
I'd love to be a million miles off on this one!

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 09/05/2020 20:00  

Think mick and steve are about right, its going to be a long road back to normal

Update Reply
christopherlambert @ 09/05/2020 22:43  

I'm making plans for next year

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 09/05/2020 23:13  

I'm holding out for September but it's a fingers and toes crossed scenario🙄🤞🏻

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 09/05/2020 23:21  

Well that's clear as mud.
You might be OK on Monday if your working, and possibly on Wednesday if your travelling with your own household, but if you break the unspecified rules the fines have increased.
I think I'll leave it a while longer yet...

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 10/05/2020 19:34  

Topical thread I found online:

Finally, we have some clarity...

The (un)official Coronavirus guidelines:

1. You MUST NOT leave the house for any reason, but if you have a reason, you can leave the house

2. Masks are useless at protecting you, against the virus, but you may have to wear one, because it can save lives, but they may not work, but they may be mandatory, but maybe not

3. Shops are closed, except those shops that are open

4. You must not go to work but you can get another job and go to work

5. You should not go to the Doctors or to the hospital unless you have to go there, unless you are too unwell to go there

6. This virus can kill people, but don’t be concerned. It can only kill those people who are vulnerable or those people who are not vulnerable. It’s possible to contain and control it, sometimes, except that sometimes it actually leads to a global pandemic

7. Gloves won't help, but they can still help so wear them sometimes, or not at all.

8. STAY HOME, but it's important also to go out

9. There is no shortage of groceries in the supermarkets, but there are many things missing. Sometimes you won’t need loo rolls, but you should buy several, just in case you need some. And pasta.

10. The virus has no effect on children except those children it affects

11. Animals are not affected, but there is still a cat that tested positive in Belgium in February when no one had been tested, plus a few tigers here and there…

12. Stay 2 metres away from tigers (see point 11)

13. You will have many symptoms if your get the virus, but you can also get symptoms without getting the virus, get the virus without having any symptoms or be contagious without having symptoms, or be non contagious with symptoms

14. To help protect yourself you should eat well and exercise, but eat whatever you have in the cupboard first, as it's better not to go out shopping

15. It's important to get fresh air, but don't go to parks, but go for a walk. But don’t sit down, except if you are old, but not for too long or if you are pregnant or if you’re not old or pregnant, but need to sit down. If you do sit down don’t eat your picnic

16. Don’t visit old people but you have to take care of the old people and bring them food and medication

17. If you are sick, you can go out when you are better but anyone else in your household can’t go out when you are better unless they need to go out

18. You can get restaurant food delivered to the house. These deliveries are safe. But groceries you bring back to your house have to be decontaminated outside for 3 hours, including Pizza

19. You can't see your older mother or grandmother, but they can take a taxi and meet an older taxi driver, or care home worker

20. You are safe if you maintain the safe social distance when out, but you can’t go out with friends or strangers at the safe social distance. Walking running or cycling requires 2metre social distancing but picnic eating at least 25 metres from others may result in life imprisonment.

21. The virus remains active on different surfaces for two hours ... or four hours... six hours... I mean days, not hours... But it needs a damp environment. Or a cold environment that is warm and dry... in the air, as long as the air is not near plastic.

22. Schools are closed so you need to home educate your children, unless you can send them to school because you’re not at home. If you are at home you can home educate your children using various portals and virtual class rooms, unless you have poor internet, or more than one child and only one computer, or you are working from home. Baking cakes or “loose women” on TV can be considered maths, science or art. If you are home educating you can include household chores within their education. If you are home educating you can start drinking at 10am

23. If you are not home educating children you can also start drinking at 10am

24. The number of corona related deaths will be announced daily but we don't know how many people are infected as they are only testing those who are almost dead to find out if that's what they will die of… the people who die of corona who aren’t counted won’t be counted

25. You should stay “locked down” until the virus stops infecting people but it will only stop infecting people if we all get infected so it’s important we all get infected. But not everyone.

26. You can join your neighbours for a street party and turn your music up for an outside disco and your neighbours won’t call the police. People in another street are allowed to call the police about your music

27. No business will go under due to Coronavirus but employees may not return to work due to Coronavirus but may be entitled to 80% full pay in June, if their employers business hasn’t closed in May.

Hopefully that cleared a few things up 👍🏼

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 11/05/2020 01:03  

Bullet point 12. Lmfao!

Update Reply
Double six @ 11/05/2020 07:50  

So if you have a Triumph Tiger you cant go near it?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/05/2020 09:57  

Thanks for that YM, cheered me up no end🤣😂

It's nice to have, good, clear guidelines👍🏻

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 11/05/2020 11:30  

At 12 I almost splurted me coffee onto the keyboard.
And at 23 I did.
😆

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 11/05/2020 12:39  

Looks like the latest (from Wednesday) that you could travel for a day out, as long as you don't stay away from your home (like camp or b&b) and then go back to your home within the same day. Cinders 😁

If your in England stay in your area and no shooting over the borders, to Scotland or similiar. Plus making sure you keep safe and your social distance.

So possible good news peeps 🤔 We may have a chance for a quick bike spin, to blow the cobwebs off. Maybe park up, at the top of a moor, with your flask and sarnies.

Would you risk this opportunity though and possibly open up the chance of been (hopefully not) a road casualty, putting yourself into danger and putting stress on the NHS.

Your call. Mmm 🤔

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 11/05/2020 15:17  

No crossing borders, huh?
I was thinking of taking a blast up the A1 to the A68 & then up to Carter Bar just for the hell of it. Spend half hour resting & taking in the view into Scotland before the return journey home.
That might make up for lost riding time over the past few weeks, lol

Update Reply
Wraith750 @ 11/05/2020 19:17  

I'll be out for a ride about during the week, but I'll avoid the weekends because the Sunday the 'ditch finders' will be out.
I'll not be going to the regular biker haunts either because they'll be shut.
Neither will I be riding any busy roads.
I'll just do a hundred miles or so of empty scenic roads and find somewhere nice to stop with me flask and sandwiches. If I see another rider with similar ideas we might converse from 2m distance.

It's a bit of a bugger about Scotland though. I thought was wall was to keep them out, ot us in 😆

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 11/05/2020 20:55  

Like you Steve, I`ll be about on the minor roads to enjoy a more scenic route.
It is a shame about Scotland & Wales though - and yet the French can fly into the UK & wander out of the airports without being quarantined first!?!? I expect we`ll have rabies next!

Update Reply
Wraith750 @ 11/05/2020 23:13  

Problem for me is typical. No tax unless I do it from 1st May and lose some weeks 🤔 was messing about and thought lockdown would continue longer.

Then I've to do a bit of fettling on the bike too. Something I should have done early lockdown 🤭

If I get out though it will be back alleys too, and through the dales.
I'll throw you a sandwich Steve from 2 meters away. Other side and over the stone wall from out of the ditch 😂😂

PS: Why did the Romans build Hadrian's wall?
Because they caught the Scots deep frying Pizza 🤭🤐😂

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 12/05/2020 00:48  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email