MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

COVID-19 - reasons not to ride

COVID-19 - reasons not to ride (6) - Forums [Biker Match] COVID-19 - reasons not to ride (6) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

COVID-19 - reasons not to ride

I think it's time to step back and look at this in a different way it's bank holiday weekend this weekend so who's having a bbq on there own? Me I am a right pig out in the rain it's going to be too xx

Update Reply
JP @ 06/05/2020 10:24  

I can see mars bars going the same way as a yorkie bar.

Update Reply
Double six @ 06/05/2020 12:22  

Too late for that I had both for breakfast this morning

Update Reply
JP @ 06/05/2020 15:30  

Baloo please refrain from trying to start an argument.

Believe it or not some of us do care about not only our own wellbeing but that of others too.

Personally I am doing as the Government guidance says;
Staying at home (yes, I'm one of those who are working, from home, full time, to keep the wheels in motion!). I'm only going out when absolutely necessary.

I care for an elderly relative who lives alone so, for me, it's more about keeping her safe and alive!

Yes it's frustrating that I can't just go to the coast or to The Dales or even up the road to Squires but at least I'm not putting others at risk and I am ensuring that I am not putting any possible extra strain on our Blue Light Services/NHS.

As someone said to me quite recently; grown adults ought to know better. When given simple instructions for the benefit of the entire population, follow them. Why is there a need to automatically endeavour to disregard/flout or push those boundaries?

JP, if I can find some charcoal in the shed, I may well hold a BBQ for one! I'll stick a rib or two along with a burger on the barbie on Friday and I might even have a lime n lemonade too! Life up here in the slow lane is thoroughly scintillating 👍🏻🙄😁

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 06/05/2020 19:05  

I drive essential rated transport,so i make no apologies for riding my bikes to work..safer than usual,as the roads on my route to work have been near empty for weeks...but i have to agree with the general concensus,a bit longer with the patient approach will save many lives...stay well and safe people..xx
And yes,i probably DO ride slowly enough not to hurt myself,pmsl...:)> ""OO""

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 06/05/2020 20:27  

All I will contribute to this thread for now is this, I know a psychopath who has mars baricide in mind.

Update Reply
Double six @ 06/05/2020 22:39  

Just thought of something else. JP is now officially a weapon of Mars destruction.

Update Reply
Double six @ 07/05/2020 07:49  

No mars bar today I got a pork pie but left it at home. That's tea sorted then

Update Reply
JP @ 07/05/2020 09:15  

I think some of our more established members could be soon joining "weightwatchers"

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/05/2020 13:38  

Yarg Jackie was always that slim

Update Reply
JP @ 07/05/2020 20:05  

Good advice jp

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/05/2020 21:15  

This virus conditions sucks

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/05/2020 22:52  

Maintain social distancing

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/05/2020 23:45  

Your not wrong cziglar

Update Reply
JP @ 09/05/2020 08:54  

Given the season and great weather, in a normal year I'd have been riding long, new routes 4 or 5 times a week seeing our great country. However since mid March, my riding has been restricted to the same 36 mile round trip once a week (Welwyn Garden City, Herts to Harlow, Essex) to deliver groceries and prescriptions to my 88 year old Ma. And let me tell you, although the route is boring, the journeys have been superb: Clean air, nearly empty roads and sensible motorists - well apart from gangs of cyclists and the inevitable white van men in a hurry. Haven't felt this safe on the roads since the 1970s.

Update Reply
BAZ224 @ 12/05/2020 22:52  

You may be in for a shock today Ive been hearing the knobs heading out of Brum today and they are not hanging around

Update Reply
JP @ 16/05/2020 06:40  

Yep, it's going to be a busy weekend in A&E.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 16/05/2020 07:04  

Its like Donnington park here. And its heaving on the prom and beach areas with non distancing families with kids from other places marauding about not giving a shit for anyone else. Having chippies and ice cream parlours open again isnt helping.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/05/2020 13:01  

That's why I have not bothered going out. Just a bunch of Spunk puddles

Update Reply
JP @ 16/05/2020 14:00  

My neighbour has been through the Peak for work this afternoon. He's a biker, not prone to exaggerating..... reckons there's groups out riding like the TT
Lockdown 2 here we come..... 😥

Update Reply
Cupid Stunt @ 16/05/2020 17:54  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email