MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

COVID-19 - reasons not to ride

COVID-19 - reasons not to ride (7) - Forums [Biker Match] COVID-19 - reasons not to ride (7) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

COVID-19 - reasons not to ride

NickEyres The only thing you can say and be 100% Correct is they are as thick as shit.

Update Reply
JP @ 16/05/2020 18:54  

The thing is Nick the country can't afford another lockdown, we need folks back at work and the economy restarted. No economy, no NHS etc.
If people are sensible and follow the guidelines we can start to extricate ourselves from this mess we're in. It really isn't complex but folks do need to think for themselves (which will be a first for many).
Plenty of lunacy up here too but hopefully its just be a weekend of post lockdown madness and everything will calm down a bit now.
If not expect a very heavy police presence over the next few months. It might be hard to prove riding in groups but expect to be shafted for that small plate and illegal can.
There will be the inevitable bleating about picking on bikers, but everyone else who is taking the piss will be getting a dose of the same medicine flavoured to their activity.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 17/05/2020 15:44  

They should have locked the uk down properly not poncing about yes a lot less traffic but that was down to very few going to work and the schools shut. They just went out when they wanted and did what ever they liked. Last night there was a massive family party at the back of mine there must have been 30 there I just hope one of then dosent pay the ultimate price

Update Reply
JP @ 17/05/2020 16:02  

Same in my neighbourhood JP, opposite me they don't know what lockdown is, they have mates in and out of their houses every day, messing with cars, another also had a bbq last week... Yet they clap every Thursday... Hypocrites.... Wish thru would get ill, maybe then they'd learn, but doubt it really....

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 17/05/2020 18:43  

Good consensus.. essential journeys...only..simple.ive not been out for18 days now and slowly coming to terms with the year being socially written off ...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/05/2020 10:23  

It’s great to find that so many bikers share same view as mine. I think going for a non-essential ride is absolute lack of respect for NHS and the police who are working so hard to keep us safe. And if one ends up having RTA while on a non essential ride out, how can he/she ring the police or the ambulance and ask for help when he/she has been showing no regards to their advice.
One of the ladies here asked me to meet up for a ride and when I said “No” and shared my views, she said that I have developed strong political views!!!

Update Reply
SS_1983 @ 25/05/2020 11:42  

Better off without, SS. Imo.

There will be plenty of time to go out once we have this pandemic under control. Better to be alive n well rather than in a box and missing out altogether😊

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 25/05/2020 15:48  

Sorry guys but in my view rta s involving m/c s is been hit by a car ....so if i go out on my bike ...fill up using my gloved hand ...ride within my limits ..... who the hell am I infecting !!! ans no one at all .......Now i have paid my insurance my road tax and my MOT ........so if i want to use my bike i will

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/05/2020 15:58  

Theres nothing wrong or illegal about going out on your bike as long as you remember to social distance if you stop and get off. Unfortunately that message seems to be lost with some, i,ve just had a walk down towards the town end and its frightning, loads of folk there gathered in close to each other around chippies and ice cream parlours, many of these are bikers, big groups of bikers on the front no social distance in sight, pure stupid arrogance, ignorant of everyone elses efforts locally to keep infection down. Families with kids mixing around too, no doubt many will be objecting to sending their kids back to school stating its not safe, HA HA ! I didnt hang around , came home disillusioned.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/05/2020 16:12  

Hi yarg i totally agree with your comments above ....beautiful weather the other weekend where did all the muppets go Devils Bridge .....in there hundreds .....on that weekend I went on my own up the coast to Whitehaven through the lakes and back home .........

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/05/2020 18:58  

I'm just back from a long, solo, ride around Northumberland.
And it's just business as usual for a hot and sunny bank holiday Monday but with a twist.
The coastal honey pots are busy but the beaches are huge up here so perhaps not too bad.
Inland it was much quieter mostly cyclist and bikers, mostly 1s and 2s but some in bigger packs and very, very few nob heads.
There again perhaps everyone was just keeping out of my way because I was on the scooter 😄
You still don't want to crash but, folks seem to be re-adjusting to the new normal.

So on that positive note can I sign off by saying 'get back to work you bunch of free loading gits', after all someone's got to pay my pension

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 25/05/2020 19:40  

I'm still not on the road yet, don't see the point if I'm not going to an event

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 25/05/2020 23:13  

I just MoT'd the kwak and I am waiting until the end of the month to tax it, then I will take it out whenever and wherever I feel like it. The Tiger however, will be getting an airing tomorrow and perhaps Wednesday.

Update Reply
Double six @ 25/05/2020 23:33  

I guess as it's perfectly legal its a personal choice thing. Just look out for the pillock in a car that hasn't driven for a couple of months!

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 26/05/2020 01:59  

This situation has no 'one size fits all' level, so just bear in mind not everybody will agree on what we should or should not be doing. Air your opinions if you wish just mind be respectful of those whose opinions differ to yours :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 26/05/2020 13:04  

I'm still not turning blonde yet...or getting younger,hurry up and die off you stupid virus....although the emptier roads are still nice...:)>

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 26/05/2020 19:22  

Why would anybody want to go out during lockdown I waited 4 months to see my daughters family sorn my trike & campervan & got food delivered some who chose to ignore the lockdown have paid the price with there lives but it's the people that got it from them that annoys me

Update Reply
póg mo thóin @ 26/07/2020 09:43  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email