MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

The worst bike ever

The worst bike ever - Forums [Biker Match] The worst bike ever - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

The worst bike ever

I have had numerous big bikes but the Harley Davidson Road King Classic has to be the worst I've owned. I shipped it to my gaff in Spain but found it hardwork in and out the small villages with their tight turns. I ordered it whilst over in afghanistan and sold it in less than a year. Now my "provincial" runaround bike is a triumph retro bobber which is cool, so y, and awesome to look at and ride. I use a large 1050 GT for the inter country trips.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/02/2020 09:00  

Worst bike, for me, was the Yamaha FZ750 - but that's because the 2 big accidents I've had have both been on those bikes (2 different ones).
That said, I loved it ..
It's all horses for courses I guess though - you wouldn't buy a Sports bike to go off roading (well, you might, but I'm sure it'd be discouraged).
Harleys are built for American highways, lots of straight lines - I guess they didn't have Spanish villages in mind..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/02/2020 12:23  

My worst bike was a Yamaha XVS650. The seat gave me a backache after 20 miles, the wind blew straight up my trouser legs due to the cruiser style footrests and because of the raked forks I had to pull it round corners rather than just lean and let the bike do the work. The chrome was also appalling and looked as though it would fall of at the hint of a good wash down. It's a shame as the first big bike I bought back in 1976 was a Yamaha XS2 650 which was my favourite bike ever.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/02/2020 22:56  

BSA A10,....enough said....!! :)>

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 18/02/2020 07:24  

To be fair though Jinx, any bike that uses the phrase Bastards Stopped Again for their name, should've been a fair warning TBH! 😉

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
BSA A10,....enough said....!! :)>...

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 18/02/2020 15:34  

And shortly after (The Last Straw),it became Bits Slung Anywhere..:)>

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 18/02/2020 18:41  

Hayabusa, only because it was the most difficult to get on with of the bikes I've had, loved the speed, but not great when having to move it a round. I have a rocket now, and although its significantly heaver its much easier to live with.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/02/2020 20:52  

I was never sure as to whether that referred to the manufacturing process, just riding it down the road or when the unfortunate owner finally gave up.

Quote:
And shortly after (The Last Straw),it became Bits Slung Anywhere..:)>...

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 23/02/2020 20:36  

I think Lambretta Scooters are the worse riding one in the rain the wheels locked braking they are dangerous

Update Reply
póg mo thóin @ 29/07/2020 18:46  

I had a Kwak Z500 called You Cantankerous Bastard...

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 30/07/2020 08:02  

I,m flattered you named your bike after me!

Quote:
I had a Kwak Z500 called You Cantankerous Bastard......

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/07/2020 10:21  

The worst bike I have had has to be a Harris Suzuki GT550 the only thing it did good was to look good nuff said
Saying that the Kawasaki ZX10R I had was a nightmare for reliability

Update Reply
dennyboo @ 18/09/2020 17:57  

i had a 125 mz it was a bugger to start and if it cut out i'd be there for a long time kicking it over trying to start it,turned out to be a lose points plate

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/10/2020 23:13  

My worst bike was a cx500, that was only because it was top heavy and I'm only 5ft 3in so I dropped it a few times......I ended up swapping it with a mate for an xs250, great little run around but had an oil leak lol.......my mate stripped the cx down and said I was lucky because whoever had it before me had problems with the forks and rather than fix them had packed them out with cardboard!!! I'd ridden from Isle of Wight to Leicestershire on it and had done over 100mph a few times

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/10/2020 09:52  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email