MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Touring for 3 weeks - Norway

Touring for 3 weeks - Norway - Forums [Biker Match] Touring for 3 weeks - Norway - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Touring for 3 weeks - Norway

I am planing to go touring to Norway in July 2020.

Anyone had experienced touring in Norway before?

Will be nice if anyone can share the experience and give me some tips to support

Kind regards,
Patrick Borg

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/01/2020 22:02  

This sounds like heaven on earth.

I have never spoken to anyone who has done this but I've just had a quick look at some pics on the web. It looks absolutely beautiful. Please take plenty of photos and let everyone know how you got on.

I note that there are lots of guided tours available. Perhaps you could approach a couple of those to ask for ideas, suggestions etc.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 03/01/2020 09:52  

Norway is very, very expensive for everything, take lots of money

Update Reply
rocker21 @ 03/01/2020 16:03  

Hi There.
I have family in Norway, both in Oslo and Ulsteinvik. Maybe I can help. Rob

Update Reply
Novinearinere @ 10/01/2020 14:34  

I did Norway about ten or so years ago! it was like riding through a picture postcard the whole way!
we went all the way to the top! kept costs down as much as possible, campsites have cabins (posh sheds) but are probably popular if you go after there holiday season has got going. we went end of May came back mid June just as the locals start holidaying, the further north you go the easier it is for finding somewhere.

Update Reply
cyclemania @ 20/01/2020 23:59  

hi Patrick yeah done Norway about three years ago, in July you'll catch the midnight sun so take some good eye shades,,if you want to sleep that is, extremely expensive so expect to pay 3 times what you pay here for anything..and stay away from water like the fjords rivers and lakes...mosquitos are in their millions..on a more positive note..the scenery is breath taking the roads are practically empty and smooth as silk. the people are very friendly hospitality is second to none in the hotels..
is it worth it...bloody right it is..if you can get as far north as Trondheim you've only got about 80 miles and your in the arctic circle..worth the trip just for that...hope this all helps..debz x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/01/2020 18:38  

Just worth noting about it being really expensive, make sure you set off on brand new tyres! one of my friends went on an Hyabusa desperately needed a rear tyre half way into our trip! took two days to get a tyre fitted and cost £230 (this was about 15 years ago so would expect a lot more now. I set of with brand new tyres on my bike and the first thing I did when getting home was fit new ones! trip was around 4000 miles the roads in Norway wear tyres faster!!

Update Reply
cyclemania @ 22/01/2020 21:40  

If you can get in touch with potnoodles's on this site he should be able to help you, he did a ride up there about a couple of years ago or ago

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 23/01/2020 17:12  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email