MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Scotland and Italy

Scotland and Italy - Forums [Biker Match] Scotland and Italy - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Scotland and Italy

Hi all
I was just wondering if any of you can offer some suggestions of where I should aim for please?
I have very little experience or knowledge of Scotland or Italy, so it's time to rectify that and look into visiting and exploring them both.
I believe hearing other people's views who have actually been there and done it the best recommendations you can have.
Cheers in advance folks 👍😎

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/08/2019 08:50  

Scotland in summer, take waterproofs and midge repellant..Italy in summer,take sunglasses and sun lotion...:)>
Scotland,the further north you go,the better it gets...Italy,exactly the same...enjoy

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 04/08/2019 09:44  

As Jinx57 said and the western side of scotland is superb. Just got back yesterday from the Glasgow area with great weather. Italy is good all the way down to Pompeii and north into the Dolomite mountains. Trento is a good place to stop north of Lake Garda. Any more info required then just message....Have great fun.

Update Reply
Hondabuddy @ 04/08/2019 10:04  

Thank you for the info guys, I will write it all down and refer to it when I'm looking to book things 👍

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/08/2019 16:21  

Forgot to add,if in Northern Italy,make sure you go to Mandello del Lario,beside Lake Como...Moto Guzzi factory museum is cool,or Ducati factory museum in Bologna,two wheeled art...

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 04/08/2019 17:13  

Don't forget the language barrier (either way).
If you get the weather the west of Scotland is unbeatable but you are taking your chances and it does rain now and again.
Mind you I almost got mildew riding down to the Italian Dolomites a few years back...

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 04/08/2019 18:31  

Cheers Steve
And how's your lawn doing? 😅😉

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/08/2019 08:26  

Oo'errr is that a deeply personal question??? *
Soggy is the answer Bounty. Very, very soggy. I think it needs a drain.
I've also, apparently, got moles, although suspect they must be something more aquatic...
I've not seen any molehills but I thought I saw a snorkle pop up the other day.

* It's a Lower Lode thing.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 05/08/2019 19:41  

Steve, perhaps it was all that watering you gave it the other day that's made it soggy! (I was really chuckling when I read your post about it) And a snorkel... From the way it's going sounds like those moles are using a periscope (now is that the right word for those thingies they use on a submarine?) 😂😅😂

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/08/2019 20:09  

Moles are notoriously blind so a periscope would of limited use to them, so it must be some other form of erection...

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 06/08/2019 07:18  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email