MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

New feature: Open lift offers

New feature: Open lift offers - Forums [Biker Match] New feature: Open lift offers - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

New feature: Open lift offers

As requested by many of you, and top of the "wish list".

You can now make an "open offer" of a lift on events to let folks nearby you know that you're available.

If you find any bugs with it - please message me privately with the steps you took and what error you saw.

Feedback here below please

Thanks!
Matt

Update Reply
Matt @ 09/07/2019 14:53  

just checked a couple of events and its showing on the screen. Just need a victim Err volunteer to test it

Update Reply
JP @ 09/07/2019 16:32  

It should be an asset and stop the ambiguity on events when newbies were adding their name on the lifts page, not realising it was only catering for those looking for a lift !!! and now give members the opportunity to ‘offer’ 👍
I voted for it, not just for me but for all riders and pillions !!

Update Reply
555byker @ 09/07/2019 16:38  

Thank you Matt, greatly appreciated.

Now it's there let's hope we use it! 😱

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 09/07/2019 19:26  

Now PLEASE folks organise some more rides, BBQs etc. That'll help so much

Update Reply
Matt @ 09/07/2019 19:51  

Would someone please bribe a rider to offer me a lift, to anywhere, except the old folks home ta? 😋

----------------------------------------------------

Quote: Matt
Now PLEASE folks organise some more rides, BBQs etc. That'll help so much

Update Reply
Sandi @ 09/07/2019 20:32  

Thanks Matt xx

Update Reply
Sandi @ 10/07/2019 09:33  

Well so far only TWO people have used this. 40 people had asked me to make the function so this is quite disappointing :-/

Update Reply
Matt @ 13/07/2019 13:38  

Well sandy straight past the old folks home we go to the nearest event or coffee shop. 😋

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/07/2019 20:21  

That sounds like an offer Sandi 😉😂👍

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 14/07/2019 19:43  

It sure does Lindsay 👍😜😁

Hello Steve
I accept, thank you very much 👍😜

Update Reply
Sandi @ 15/07/2019 04:30  

I'm a pillion if anyone needs company. Stoke based.

Update Reply
Angel of Destiny @ 15/07/2019 20:00  

AoD, if you're in Stoke, why does profile say Doncaster? That quite a difference in mileage😲

Just to clarify the Offer Lift option can be found on the events (in the events Calendar) so if there's something you fancy going to you can either Request Lift or some kind riders out there can now Offer a Lift and the pilly can accept them. 😁

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 15/07/2019 20:32  

I didn't realise the offers were generic, shouldn't they be specific? In my humble opinion who wants to offer a pillion to someone living hundreds of miles away?
Just MHO.
What do others think?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/07/2019 08:07  

I don't think I'd said generic?? Have I confused things??

The offers are on the events in the Calendar so are specific. Obviously you wouldn't accept a pilly if the rider is miles n miles away unless they were literally passing where you live! Surely, everyone would agree that it doesn't make sense for someone to go out of their way (unless agreed between both parties).

In the past I've paid fuel costs or for food/drink/cake, whichever was the preferred option 😁👍

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 16/07/2019 14:08  

Sorry Lindsay, I wasn't responding to your post when I made my previous comments. I was referring to what Matt put on the calendar.

I didn't mean random offers, as opposed to offers on the calendar, I meant that when a person offers a lift it's not for a specific person, it's just an offer to that event.

Which means the offers may not be forthcoming, when they know it's usually me that needs a lift 🥴 lol

I always offer to contribute to fuel or buy their lunch, since my financial circumstances changed, 5 years ago. Before, all I could offer was a cuppa.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/07/2019 15:55  

Tried it just now, it was a little slow but it worked.

**Message sent Matt** 👍

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 18/07/2019 11:38  

Id need a lift to attend events if anyone can help me out im nr the m54 cheers 👍😎

Update Reply
bikerbird5 @ 20/07/2019 14:47  

What are you looking at going to Bikerbird5 ? Happy to help if I can?

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Id need a lift to attend events if anyone can help me out im nr the m54 cheers 👍😎

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/07/2019 14:50  

Bikerbird5, go to the Calendar look at the events, stick your name/face on the ones you will be attending by clicking on the third tab 'Attendance list' and use 'add me to this event' and then 'Request' a lift or 'Accept' an offer if there is one.

If you then put a note up on the Forum Thread for that event, I'm sure you will find the process easy. 👍😉

Obviously it's a good idea if you've 'chatted' to the person or if the person is known to a long standing BMer ... Safety first n all that!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 20/07/2019 15:43  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email