MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

New feature: Open lift offers

New feature: Open lift offers (2) - Forums [Biker Match] New feature: Open lift offers (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

New feature: Open lift offers

This wud be brilliant for me I havent passed my test yet due to not being allowed as I was in what I thought was a 10 yr stable relationship that I'm gladly out off but love and miss the lifestyle miss being on the bikes more than I missed the ex. Glad he gone

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/10/2019 12:10  

Wozwench, as stated on previous page, go to the Calendar look at the events, stick your name/face on the ones you will be attending by clicking on the third tab 'Attendance list' and use 'add me to this event' and then 'Request' a lift or 'Accept' an offer if there is one.

If you then put a note up on the Forum Thread for that event, I'm sure you will find the process easy. 👍😉

Obviously it's a good idea if you've 'chatted' to the person or if the person is known to a long standing BMer ... Safety first n all that!

Good luck 👍

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 11/10/2019 22:25  

Sounds like a good idea!

Update Reply
Sherlock1 @ 13/10/2019 13:33  

Sherlock, it was a great idea at the time, but it appears those that wanted it (at the time) no longer wish to use it, now it's available. In the words of 'tallica.. sad but true!

Unless of course, next year's events, rallies and meets proves the above incorrect 😉😁. We were more than half way through this year when it became available and maybe plans had already been made.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 16/10/2019 09:42  

Hi Sherlock and welcome to the site.
Yes it is a good idea, it took a long time to get it put in place ! In the mean time a lot of members came and went :-(
I was one of those that kept asking ! Not necessarily for myself but for the newbies who came to BM and found the facility was half baked !!!

Update Reply
555byker @ 16/10/2019 10:03  

Aww c'mon @555, it's time to move on from the time it took to get the ability to 'offer a lift'. I know the length of time it took seemed like forever, and the impetus to use it waned over that time, but it's here now and has been since July, let's at least try to use it.

Surely the option to 'offer a lift' is an opportunity to get out there for a rideout, rally, meet and enjoy the company, banter of like-minded folk.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 16/10/2019 10:30  

Good idea if those asking for a lift are serious. I offered to pick someone up so they could attend a rally, going right out of my way to do so, only to find out a few days before hand they were ''only joking''. Won't be offering again so lightly in future.

Update Reply
Double six @ 16/10/2019 13:34  

To be fair though 555 I've always felt that anyone who'd go on the back of a bike, must be a sandwich short of a picnic so........... 😉

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:

I was one of those that kept asking ! Not necessarily for myself but for the newbies who came to BM and found the facility was half baked !!!

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 16/10/2019 15:25  

Gee thanks iC ... In God We Trust 😉😂👍

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 16/10/2019 16:45  

Being a committed atheist, I don't have that luxury Lindsay! 😎

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 16/10/2019 17:24  

Just a gentle reminder folks ...

If you are planning on attending any of the events on the Calendar this year. Make sure you added yourself to the event.

If you would like a pilly or are able to offer a seat please also indicate on the event too.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 03/03/2020 18:55  

Hi all Sue here looking to make new friends hope to find that someone special eventually. Looking for a pillion seat. Lincoln area. I'm restoring my bike hope to do test soon

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/10/2021 00:31  

I'm in Lincoln wud love to get back in to bike scene sadly can't ride myself as health won't let me

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/02/2022 00:22  

Anyone in West Yorkshire able to help me get to some events? I'm doing my full license this year so will be riding myself soon and riding my big bike finally. I'm an experienced pillion and just want to still be a part of the scene in the meantime 🙂

Update Reply
SuzukiShelley @ 18/04/2022 20:42  

now just need more active members in scotland and were sorted

Update Reply
alpinab14 @ 22/04/2022 16:00  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email