MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Favourite bike roads

Favourite bike roads - Forums [Biker Match] Favourite bike roads - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Favourite bike roads

So what are your favourite bike roads, Ive been lucky this year to have done Devils Bridge in mid wales and the B3306 from Lands End to St Ives, pinching the ideas from Henry Cole

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/06/2019 23:58  

B6047 from Market Harborough up to Grantham,via Melton Mowbray...rollercoaster ride,shame about the occaisional car drivers..after that the Fosse Way on a quiet Sunday morning...but ultimate has to be IOM Mountain Course (ridden at sedate pace,of course,pmsl)..

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 13/06/2019 06:49  

Or any 'route domestique' through Central France..:)>

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 13/06/2019 06:51  

All time favourite is the Route Napoleon - 200 miles of sheer gorgeousness in southern France.
Over here near me, the B1115 from my town (Hadleigh) to Stowmarket, a beautifully flowing road for 14 miles.
Over the other side, I really love the B4204 from Worcester to Tenbury Wells - another road that just flows so well.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/06/2019 07:57  

The A2 in North Ireland from Newry (near the main 'border' with the South) up to the tippy topmost of Ireland right beside the sea all the way ... approx 250 miles, longer if you take the country/scenic roads x

Update Reply
Lulu7 @ 13/06/2019 20:16  

The A861 from the Corran ferry takes some beating for sheer empty road silliness.
A little busier, but the A87 from Invergarry to the Kyle is pretty entertaining too.
Closer to home, and for sheer majestic awesomeness, I'm rather fond of the B6277 from Alston to Middleton-in-Teesdale. I find it chills me out after the lunatics delight that is the A686 over Hartside.
And then there is Northumberland. OMG there is always Northumberland :-)

But none of these will be any good to the loud pipe brigade because there is nobody to hear how fast you are. Except sheep. And frankly they don't care!

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 13/06/2019 20:59  

Sounds like some good suggestions to have a look at

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/06/2019 22:12  

A816 from Oban going south to Lochgilphead, then turning north on A83 through Inveraray (done on a round trip, Loch Lomond, north through Glencoe then onto Oban———Inveraray back to Loch Lomond)

Update Reply
555byker @ 13/06/2019 23:40  

Ah yes the A816, sheer madness that one.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 14/06/2019 07:46  

But enough of this northern stuff, I hear the M25 is very popular ;-)

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 14/06/2019 07:48  

M25 is only popular with Londoners looking for long term parking spaces,hahaha...

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 25/06/2019 21:43  

Very popular with campers.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/06/2019 08:24  

Now I'm out of London and living in Dorset, the roads here are epic. If you like looking at pretty scenery and landscapes, it's here. If you like riding at mental speeds on epic roads, it's here. If you like bike meets every night of the week, it's here.

I'm so glad I moved. I love it down here away from all the grief and ***** up in London, wish I'd moved years ago. I never thought I'd turn my back on the place I was born, but London is not London anymore, it's heading for third world status unfortunately. Londoners are well outnumbered, hence a **** like Sadiq Khan being elected Mayor. And look how that's turned out for everyone!!

Anyway, The A35 and A350 up to the Cashmoor Inn meet is a lovely blast. The run down to Weymouth is a lovely blast down the A35 in the opposite direction. Pretty much all the roads down here have something to offer all types of rider. The ride through the New Forest to some clubhouse is another epic ride, sure beats looking at concrete and glass any day :-)

Update Reply
Cornholio @ 28/06/2019 13:01  

Today,the one that takes me 25 miles to the Lower Lode Inn,Forthampton, for the Barflys Rally

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 12/07/2019 08:01  

The mountain section of the TT is my favourite so far this year,The view is absolutely beautiful.was lucky enough to get over there, back next year!.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/07/2019 06:35  

Whilst on the Island,look up Thought-y-wil Pass...not very long,but plenty of variety of incline

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 24/07/2019 05:53  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email