MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

petrol pumps

petrol pumps - Forums [Biker Match] petrol pumps - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

petrol pumps

Can't bloody believe this . Every time I fill up , doesn't matter which station I go to or where I am , the handle on the pump does this annoying clicking thing and takes about a month to put fuel in my bike . Thought it was a one off to begin with , just another pump not working properly . I sometimes get this happening with my van and my Dad has also experienced it . Now I get it all the time with my bike . Brand new pumps the other week , station no where near where I live , rode in , took the pump , stuck it in the tank , went to press the trigger and the bloody thing starts clicking again . It's like some melon is having a joke with me .

Update Reply
Stu69 @ 31/05/2019 23:23  

I get it now and then and have found that if you dont put the nozzle all the way in the tank and hold it at a shallower angle and slower feed rate it helps

Update Reply
JP @ 01/06/2019 07:16  

Same as JP here.
You'll have to experiment and see what technique works best for your bike/car TBH.

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 01/06/2019 08:50  

If you stick the nozzle in too far or at an angle so its near the side of the filler the pump sensor reads it as tank full and automatically trips the trigger so just adjust how you put the nozzle in.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/06/2019 10:16  

(In Kenneth Williams voice)....OOOOOH...MATRON!!!

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 01/06/2019 13:29  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email