MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

The Farmyard Party - 21st - 23rd June 2019

The Farmyard Party - 21st - 23rd June 2019 (2) - Forums [Biker Match] The Farmyard Party - 21st - 23rd June 2019 (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

The Farmyard Party - 21st - 23rd June 2019

*chuckles* yeah OK, I believe ya 😉

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 05/05/2019 19:54  

*Bump
----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
MAG 33rd FYP
Duncombe Park, Helmsley,
North Yorkshire, YO62 5EB

Really looking forward to this one; meeting up with old mates, dancing (badly), singing (loudly) and generally having a great time!

Hope to see you there 😁

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 05/05/2019 19:56  

Meals Rejected by Everyone. I've only ever had one and to be fair, it was quite nice, although it contained something that looked like shortbread but tasted like chipboard.
My craving for a quarter plastic-and-cheese only ever happens after about ten pints and a good swig from a random hip-flask that tastes of two-stroke and backwash...

Quote:
Prefer MRE to those quarter plastic and cheese any day

Update Reply
NorthernMan1968 @ 07/05/2019 18:32  

Wow, MRE that had taste! The field rations we had only ever tasted like cat food. Didn't matter what was on the wrapper. Just cat food. I realised it was cat food when we came on an abandoned farm house and we found a couple of tins of cat food, heated them and ate them.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/05/2019 18:54  

The MRE itself wasn't bad, chicken-something-or-other. There just wasn't much of it and the chemical heater was an overcomplicated waste of time! Don't they trust american forces with matches?

Update Reply
NorthernMan1968 @ 08/05/2019 19:31  

Really looking forward to FYP, I can't wait to parrrrrrty! 🍻

I've already got my bottles of Jack ready!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 08/05/2019 22:27  

We had MRE's in bosnia

Update Reply
GL Blue @ 09/05/2019 14:22  

The MRE that is available in camping and survival stores seem to be very different from the Military MRE. They don't taste like cat food for a start.
Apparently it's illegal to buy US Military MRE on the civilian market, probably 'cos they're even more disgusting?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/05/2019 15:03  

We may be slipping off topic here...but my MRE was military and I do prefer Ration Packs, if only to see how many different ways nuts can be packaged.
Lindsay - BOTTLES of JD? As in 'more-than-one'??? I usually take a bottle of bourbon or vodka with me and end up taking most of it home again. Then again, I also cram every available space in my panniers with cans of beer. This year, I are mostly drinking German pilsner.

Update Reply
NorthernMan1968 @ 09/05/2019 18:36  

Let's change the topic to "Drinking Lindsay's hooch"

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/05/2019 19:43  

She'd murder us. Hell hath no fury like a woman deprived of hooch.

Update Reply
NorthernMan1968 @ 10/05/2019 14:41  

Yeah, you're right. Wouldn't get far after drinking her bottles, many many bottles of JD

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/05/2019 18:43  

Two nights, two bottles! 😉

I do share ... Occasionally😁

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 11/05/2019 02:02  

Ok guys, after giving this some thought ... (& worrying that I'm going daft'er' in my old age) I can confirm that I will share my hooch!

Meet you near the gate, I'll be the one wearing bike gear and clutching a couple of bottles of JD! See you there 😉😁👍

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 17/05/2019 08:45  

Well, that's a first! I messaged a BMer today to clarify whether the offer of a lift to FYP was still ok, he offered I didn't approach him btw.

No response at all just removed his profile, thank you. Ever thought that the polite thing to do would be to respond saying a simple 'No'?!
How very rude of you. True colours shown methinks!

A grown man with no manners n definitely no balls... Every woman's dream NOT!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 17/05/2019 13:53  

Hi, anyone near the Mansfield area?I can get there but not home. Really need help x

Update Reply
Sharon ncc @ 17/05/2019 14:47  

I've already got a pillion, so I can't offer anyone a lift I'm afraid. Lindsay, you can take a car if you offer some of your time to do marshalling duties. You'll get food vouchers for the time you work too. There are some other perks too, but I'm not sure of them all. Never marshalled at the FYP.

Update Reply
NorthernMan1968 @ 20/05/2019 06:41  

Thanks for the info NorthernMan. I have been many times before and know about marshalling but tbh I go to let my hair down not to work. 😉🍻

A lovely (reliable) gentleman has very kindly said that he will ensure I get there, (thank you so much!) so all sorted 👍😁

Although I would have taken my car, as a last resort, and parked in the village (there are a few out of the way places I know after all these years 😉😂). I'm sure that I would have got a ride in from the Estate gates.

See you there! 👍🍻

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 20/05/2019 07:49  

Lindsey id of given you a lift into it, but as you know I'm not getting there till the Saturday. I can't msg you, all is good btw thank you.

Quote:
Thanks for the info NorthernMan. I have been many times before and know about marshalling but tbh I go to let my hair down not to work. 😉🍻

A lovely (reliable) gentleman has very kindly said that he will ensure I get there, (thank you so much!) so all sorted 👍😁

Although I would have taken my car, as a last resort, and parked in the village (there are a few out of the way places I know after all these years 😉😂). I'm sure that I would have got a ride in from the Estate gates.

See you there! 👍🍻

Update Reply
Strawdog @ 21/05/2019 17:03  

No probs Strawdog. Will see ya Saturday 👍😀

Good to know all is well over there. Stay safe 😁

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 21/05/2019 20:29  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email