MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

So...who's touring Abroad this year?

So...who's touring Abroad this year? - Forums [Biker Match] So...who's touring Abroad this year? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

So...who's touring Abroad this year?

I thought I was, until friends played the 'Brexit' card, and have chosen Yorkshire or the Peaks.

Which are lovely I'm sure, but I can do that over a long weekend, and would rather spend 10-12-14 days on strange roads, with more sunshine, and food I can't pronounce.

It's just so much nicer. Feeling a little disappointed:(

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/03/2019 20:09  

i am, off to italy in sept, going to the guzzi factory open house weekend, should be fun.

Update Reply
rocker21 @ 06/03/2019 12:26  

I am going to France in August, doing the beaches and a few more places off the beaten track :)

Update Reply
SusiPop @ 06/03/2019 21:05  

Fancy France again,but who knows where the wind will blow us..?? ""OO""

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 07/03/2019 07:40  

I'm thinking about cancelling my participation in the Yorkshire trip and just going off to find some sun.
Always better with riding company though.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/03/2019 10:19  

Is that the elusive search for sun in Britain Pan or further afield? Which Yorkshire trip are you referring to - Dent or another you were planning?

Update Reply
SusiPop @ 12/03/2019 23:58  

Dent is in Cumbria,sorry to be a pedant...just because it's in the Yorkshire Dales,with a Lancashire postcode..pmsl

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 13/03/2019 06:24  

Definitely further afield Susi, Mountains & Med would be good.
The Yorkshire trip is one that my usual touring buddies have planned for early summer, but just don't fancy doing it.
As for the BM Dent trip, well I just don't do camping:) The last time I had a sleeping bag and a tent I think I was 21....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/03/2019 07:33  

My all time favourite hol was in Majorca, 8 weeks after passing my test. Hired a DT125 and spent the week touring - the Tramuntana mountains have roughly 70 hairpin bends in 16 miles. I naturally dropped the bike on the last day when it started to rain - the roads are made out of crushed seashells and get very slippy. Little did I guess the damage to my knee where the bike fell on it would turn to arthritis. Had to have a knee replacement 10 years later. BUT that trip still brings back happy memories. 🏍🏍

Update Reply
SusiPop @ 16/03/2019 09:44  

Does Wales count? We have to cross a whole nother country to get there!

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 16/03/2019 23:13  

Told my buddies that I'm not doing it now.
11-12 days in Pickering and Eskdale off the cards for me, so now looking for alternatives.
Though not sure If I'll have to change the numberplate and get a green card:)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/03/2019 10:59  

I can recommend riding down to Corsica and spending some time there. The twisty roads are just perfect and seem to go on forever.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/03/2019 08:39  

I’m sure the ride down there would be fun:)
Have toured Europe pretty extensively over the last couple of years (except for 2018) and will miss it if I don’t get a fix.
Pyrenees would be nice, or I could just ride down to Austria to visit my brother who moved there a couple of years ago.
Apparently the roads are amazing and pretty empty.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/03/2019 09:40  

@Panuno
A couple.of friends who tour Europe every year consistently wax lyrical about Croatia and Bosnia if you fancy something a little different.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/03/2019 16:15  

I quite like that idea MM.
Where are the like minded souls...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/03/2019 10:32  

@Panuno
I don't think they're looking for company but if you like I can find out some specific areas of interest to bikers if you wanted to go exploring solo.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/03/2019 17:31  

😂😂 - no I didn’t mean them! .....it was a rhetorical comment for my friends here:)
But thank you, new destination information is always welcome. I bet there are more here who would be intererested.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/03/2019 21:26  

This is their bike travels FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/Twowheelsroaming/

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/03/2019 10:01  

Ok - having just come out of hibernation & feeling a little warmth on my back, I need something to look forward to - 10 days ( will be difficult to get more time off work ) sounds like a plan - France / Italy ?? Who’s up for it ?? Can’t see many of the old bunch on chat ....

Update Reply
Bobbinz @ 16/04/2019 22:03  

Bobz, Rocker21 is doing Italy in Aug/Sept I couldnt make dates but heading for Como. 👍

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 16/04/2019 23:26  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email