MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Night out in Shrewsbury

Night out in Shrewsbury (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Night out in Shrewsbury (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Night out in Shrewsbury

Bit harsh Trev - comprehension skils lacking maybe?
It was a social event. Not a rideout, or a Bike meeting. Plenty of those happening at other times.
I've been riding for 41yrs without a break, but I'll be one of those wa**ers in a car when it's wet and cold.
Does that make me any less of a Biker, along with those others? Don't think so.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/03/2019 09:03  

Firstly this was not a debarcle!!!
This was a social event for members of bm to get together in a relaxed environment meet new faces have a drink chat etc. Those of us who attended with the exception of yourself enjoyed the weekend .
As for bikes. We choose when and where we ride we do not need to be insulted or told rather rudely that we should always be on our bikes to call ourselves bikers.
Biker Match is a site for those people who choose to ride bikes, ride pillion or just like bikes if it is not to YOUR liking then perhaps you should find another site !!!

Update Reply
smiler 2964 @ 10/03/2019 09:12  

Trev your comments are well out of order, this is a "social" site for folk with an interest in bikes, you do not have to own or ride a bike to everywhere you go.
Well done to you Smiler for organising the event, hope all who attended and made some effort enjoyed each others company.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/03/2019 09:41  

Events take time to organise which many don't understand. But to be so rude is not necessary. I m a biker who has a car. We went up north this weekend and mainly due to weather and time of year we all decided to go by 4 wheels so what are we.. There are many on here who only have a car that doesn't mean they should nt attend events.

Update Reply
shelleygirl @ 10/03/2019 16:27  

A good weekend was had meeting old friends and new . Sadly half the folk didn't manage to make it and one member couldn't seem to get his head round the fact it was a social gathering for bike minded people and not a bike rally . And if you don't ride your bike every time you leave your house then your not a biker but a poser and a wanna be . This could explain why the gent in question claims he has no friends and nobody likes him. A shame really apart from his extreme views he seemed a decent chap

Update Reply
Grumpy of the Seven @ 10/03/2019 16:44  

Trev please feel free to delete your profile if we offend you that much but unless your prepared to make those comments to members faces I suggest you wind your neck in.

Update Reply
JP @ 10/03/2019 19:28  

This was the message Kawasakitrev left me Early Sunday morning

Debbie l am so sorry...this is not the collection of people l thoght it was. Great to meet you and the others.. but..so dissapointed..to be the only one at a so called 'biker night' to be the only individual actually on a bike..BIKE ..BIKE..re-read..BIKE..Not Ford, not vauxhall....BIKE..BIKE.. l ride a bike..l am what the world likes to call..'a biker'..not some pseudo bikerstyle low life..who pretends to like bikes to enhance their shitty egos..SO DISSAPOINTED..can you pass these sentiments onto the people that run this site..be happy, l am because l am not a liar..x

Update Reply
smiler 2964 @ 11/03/2019 09:14  

I have sent him a pm telling him what I think hopefully he will turn up at one of the events I'm at.

Update Reply
JP @ 11/03/2019 10:56  

What a load of bollocks! I've ridden for over 40 yrs and now in my late 50's don't wish to arrive at an event with stiff joints moaning about how cold I am and expecting to receive the adoration of other attendees for my fortitude. These days, I prefer to get on my bike and enjoy the experience. I suppose those going to the Whitby goth weekends can't really call themselves goths if they don't bring their own coffins to sleep in. Had Smilers event been publicised as a rally, some sympathy could be had for the moaning minnies comments and hurt feelings, but it wasn't! It was billed as a weekend gathering with the view, I assume, to blather about past rallies etc, and to chew over future events to come. Hotels and B&B, not camping, might have been a good indicator of the nature of the Shrewsbury meet up. As JP said, if the site and it's membership don't come up to the complainers standards he should consider deleting his profile and finding one that does meet with his approval.

Update Reply
Double six @ 11/03/2019 11:06  

I,d like to know where it says the words "bike night" cos I cant see them anywhere in the introduction.

Is he Zenbikers twin brother by any chance?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/03/2019 15:23  

Can't be, he doesn't put enough into his posts.

Update Reply
Double six @ 11/03/2019 16:47  

Firstly, to Smiler, it's an absolute given you will have someone complain about what you've organised, and "it's not how they'd do it".....this is usually the person or people who wouldn't do it themselves due to the amount of work and time that is needed to do an event, even an informal one.

Secondly to the quote..

"Any low life sad oh can spend ten grand on a 'fashionable' motorcyle and try to get laid on the strength of its cudos."

I don't know any women on this site that have such low standards as to have sex because of a type of bike....or because of how much it costs. I obviously can't comment on whether the blokes would do so!!!!

As for not being a biker if you don't go absolutely everywhere on your bike....get over yerself and stop being judgemental

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 12/03/2019 13:21  

"not camping, might have been a good indicator" because bikers only camp?
No D6, I'm not serious, but just flagging up that people are just people. We're all different.
Sorry for the misunderstanding about this site, take it for what it is and you really can get a lot from it.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 12/03/2019 18:40  

Open apology for causing any offence. My rather drunken rant was not aimed at anyone in particular. I have asked matt to close my account as a mark of respect for the good people on here. Regards..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/03/2019 16:37  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email