MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Can Men and Women be friends?.

Can Men and Women be friends?. - Forums [Biker Match] Can Men and Women be friends?. - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Can Men and Women be friends?.

Can men and women be friends(or friendly on a forum,etc). I enjoy being friends with women. So for example a mate's girlfriend or wife, I see as only a friend(I do have some morals!).

It means we don't have to play all the normal games, from either side of the gender line. We can talk freely about anything, and just have a laugh. What do you think? What are you're experiences?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/10/2018 12:18  

My tuppence worth.
I've always got on well with males, even at school. Probably why I was picked on by the females lol.

When I was married I loved going out with other couples, I could chat with the men, and my hubby of course.
Since I've been single again, and dated, I tried to remain friends once the relationships ended but that only lasted until they started dating again.
I don't think most men can handle friendship, especially if their new partner is the jealous type. It's just less hassle for them to end the friendship.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/10/2018 15:46  

Women friends?
Yeah sure, why not!!
I’ve got loads, some I know in the biblical sense and some I don’t. Some are with mates of mine and some aren’t. Some are with other girls.

Some women even make great girlfriends or wives. But then again, some don’t 😉

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/10/2018 16:45  

What he said,but i DO try .....:)>

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 23/10/2018 17:37  

Course we can...... we are after all supposidly intelligent creatures!

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 23/10/2018 18:04  

Some of my best friends are make, although some don't understand it.. but it's great, no bitching for a start...

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 23/10/2018 18:18  

I find that riding a bike is a great basis for adding males to my circle of friends. I actually get on better with men than women and find it reassuring to have platonic friendships that still allow for cheeky banter and harmless flirting at times. It would be nice if this post generates a few more friendly conversations in chat.

Update Reply
SusiPop @ 23/10/2018 18:27  

Well firstly it's good to see that male/female relationships are doing so well. I was wondering what effect gender politics had had. My sister's always ranting on about the 'patriarchy', but after twenty years it's got tiresome.

Sandi>that's another aspect that I was thinking about; women can be jealous of other women who get on well with men, and men can be equally as jealous in the reverse scenario. I had a case recently, where I made a female friend, and casually mentioned to another male that I often talked to her. He told her husband, and said to me 'oh I hope I didn't say the wrong thing'(he knew exactly what he was doing). Her husband's a fundamentalist, but I still chat with her occasionally.

And Lynn if you think men can't be 'bitchy' then you are lucky. In my opinion some men are the worst.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/10/2018 19:46  

Hmmm that is the question,I have got on well with males in my limited work life,firstly on a YTS(light years ago) but the friendships didn’t carry on,and never have,but have worked in female environments mainly.Have got on well with tradesmen(not in that way)but would not presume that they would ever be friends

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/10/2018 20:55  

Friends are friends it doesn't matter on what level the friendship is or what sex
If I class you as a friend then that is what you are regardless of gender I can have a laugh and banter with both.

Update Reply
smiler 2964 @ 23/10/2018 21:34  

We are lucky to have a balance of men and women on this forum. I went on tech site forum recently, I couldn't believe how misogynistic they were. I don't think there was a single woman on there, definitely not healthy. They also thought they were extremely intelligent because they could write a bit of code. Didn't take long to expose the truth!

I agree gender shouldn't matter in friendships, but sometimes life is complicated. What was it Joe Jackson sang, 'if there's war between the sexes, there will be nobody left'.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/10/2018 22:12  

I may be biased, being a long term member, 12 years, but this site is the best site for friendliness. We've had the occasional difference of opinion, of course, but in general a friendly site. More importantly, that friendliness carries on when meeting other members in person.
I used to be a member of Visor Down, most of the men were bitchy on that one. I wasn't a member for long.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 24/10/2018 04:42  

Aristotle figured there were three kinds of friendships:
1) Friendships of utility: exist between you and someone who is useful to you in some way. ...
2) Friendships of pleasure: exist between you and those whose company you enjoy. ...
3) Friendships of the good: are based on mutual respect and admiration.

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 24/10/2018 10:07  

Good one Brummie Jackie. Smart Greek!

SusiPop has understood. I see that other part of the site as one thing, but here on the forum, we can just chat freely(no pretence, no BS).

Sandi, I suppose 'bitchy' talk is just an expression of envy, and not gender specific. I just pity those that are so petty. Life's too short. I do find that people who go around expressing negative opinions have a bad karma which often bites them on the ass.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/10/2018 16:30  

To be or not to be that is the question.Firstly it depends on the situation then age, some prefer younger friends and some prefer older friends.It also depends on what is meant by friends. Is it friends as in mates or just nodding to someone or saying hello in passing.(sod that i'm out of breath now)lol

Update Reply
GL Blue @ 01/11/2018 10:05  

Has anyone found out, does having friends of the opposite sex mean you might get your end away?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/11/2018 09:50  

No idea.Cornholio

Update Reply
GL Blue @ 02/11/2018 10:23  

Damn, I’ll have to ask Jinx, he’s the site’s resident ‘Stud Muffin’

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/11/2018 10:30  

After a relationship I find it hard to maintain any kind of close contact before a protracted length of time has mellowed the emotions.

Update Reply
Double six @ 05/11/2018 02:59  

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Has anyone found out, does having friends of the opposite sex mean you might get your end away?

I think you're straying into that territory called 'friends with benefits'. It's obviously somewhere between being just friends, and a relationship. It can work and be fun, but often gets confusing and complicated later on.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/11/2018 14:23  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email