MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Quick poll: Image tagging

Quick poll: Image tagging - Forums [Biker Match] Quick poll: Image tagging - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Quick poll: Image tagging

ok quick questions.... if you could add a tag to images (Say in events for example) to show who you are in a foto... would you use the feature? Like facebook and myspace for example, you go to an event and when you look at the fotos you can click on yourself and it will add a little tag to where you click. When others view the pic, they can see who is in it and can quickly and easily click on the name to view the member's profile. I'm not 100% sure how it can be done, but I do know it will be a big project (ok i think it will, im researching at the moment). Anyhow - would it be worthwhile me spending the time to make this kind of feature - or will it be another gimick that doesn't get used by anyone?

Update Reply
Matt @ 10/01/2008 13:21  

Its not a bad idea cuz at least we would know who is who but then again there might be someone you chatted to on site but then want to avoid! lol But seriously I think its a good idea!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/01/2008 13:38  

hey matt me like that idea

Update Reply
firebladekid @ 10/01/2008 13:43  

Yea and you can only add your own name to a photo, others can't add it for you. You can also remove it too. It will make it easier for people to get to know faces too before going to events. Theres nothing worse than going to an event and having 40 names thrown at you that you gotta remember

Update Reply
Matt @ 10/01/2008 13:50  

Good idea Matt!

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 10/01/2008 13:53  

Great idea Matt I spent ages putting names to all the xmas meal pics only to find none of the details show up on the events pics so the only way to identify who's who in pics is go to the front page of the event then look at who's name is down.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 10/01/2008 14:14  

Sounds like good idea Matt and good to only add the name yourself not anybody else adding it. Mazza x

Update Reply
Mazza @ 10/01/2008 14:30  

Update Reply
Di @ 10/01/2008 14:36  

Update Reply
firebladekid @ 10/01/2008 15:06  

Matt, how come you suggest things that I've already mentioned to you? lol I dunno what ya mean by 'adding a tag' unless it's the same as adding text to a pic? I'd appreciate it if we could add text afore we submit a photo.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 10/01/2008 15:22  

Sounds good to me Matt.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/01/2008 15:42  

sounds cool

Update Reply
RC @ 10/01/2008 16:08  

Obvious when you think about it, innit?

Update Reply
Wills @ 10/01/2008 16:16  

Sound like a good idea Matt

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 10/01/2008 16:18  

Kwak - it's not just text. Hopefully (If I can figure it out) there will be little hovering text boxes over each person which you can click on to go to their profile. Still not sure how to do it though.

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/01/2008 02:40  

I've figured it! I know exactly how I'm gonna create this now. I didn't know how possible is would be, but it may be quite easy to do after all! Watch this space over the weekend

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/01/2008 04:47  

ok let's try my little test.... http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/tagtest/index.asp Tell me if your username/link appears EXACTLY where you clicked.

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/01/2008 07:02  

hehhee IT WORKS! Wooooo. It was much easier than I thought. You shouldn't be able to tag if you're not logged in You can only tag once Once you've tagged it, you cannot click it again You cannot move your tag once placed(But you will be able to remove/readd once i've finished)

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/01/2008 07:12  

clever clogs.... x

Update Reply
lula @ 11/01/2008 07:19  

but does it work for you? And does your name appear EXACTLY where you click (This is important)

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/01/2008 07:57  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email