MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Stormin The Castle

Stormin The Castle - Forums [Biker Match] Stormin The Castle - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Stormin The Castle

Hi all...anyone going Stormin the Castle up in Durham end of August..?...trying to get a marauding bunch together ;)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/07/2018 16:24  

I used to do Stormin' regularly, it was a great rally. The first few years were interesting with undie clad bikers jumping in the swimming pool all day (the weather was pretty much like it is today!). 😂 Unfortunately the pool was then drained 😟 don't know what it's like now.

Then there was an influx of 'festival go-ers' who saw it as a much cheaper version of a festival. I think the dynamic changed and I lost interest. I haven't been for at least 7 years now. Might have to give it another go at some stage. The bands were always good, The Levellers played a fair few times.👍

Anyhoo, each to their own. Enjoy yourselves, the location is good and the Castle is worth the journey, assuming the pub inside is still open!! 🍻

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 02/07/2018 20:20  

Ditto Lindsay.

Used to go a few years back and then heard rumours about the festival goers and too many cars/vans.

Don't remember the swimming bit though. Must have missed that 😁👍

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 02/07/2018 20:24  

Went once and had a great time, downside for me was I had been to the Castle a few times to Durham Panthers rallys in February and it was just a different class of folk and about a third of the price!...
Went to Twisted Sprockets rally this year, awesome atmosphere and again better value for money/better class of folks generally.
I'm sure if you go you will have a good time but just dont do it all for me. Give it a try if you never been but try other smaller rallies too.

Update Reply
Laffo @ 04/09/2018 20:03  

Better class o people? Who u think you are??

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Went once and had a great time, downside for me was I had been to the Castle a few times to Durham Panthers rallys in February and it was just a different class of folk and about a third of the price!...
Went to Twisted Sprockets rally this year, awesome atmosphere and again better value for money/better class of folks generally.
I'm sure if you go you will have a good time but just dont do it all for me. Give it a try if you never been but try other smaller rallies too.

Update Reply
peter1200gs @ 04/09/2018 20:39  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email