MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Query - Lift Requests/Offers

Query - Lift Requests/Offers - Forums [Biker Match] Query - Lift Requests/Offers - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Query - Lift Requests/Offers

Hi just wondering if this is happening to others or whether it's just me. I've just looked on Events Pilly Run on 29 April, specifically the Lift Requests/ Offers page. The view I get is She11 has requested a lift and, by the looks of things on my screen, she has also offered herself a lift ???! Conundrum or what? Obviously if this is the case it won't help if She11 is still looking for a lift, as (I assume) others won't be able to offer a lift, or am I being a tad more stupid than usual?! Btw, had to post this via the old site, as the drop down list for 'new post' doesn't give the forum 'BM Website/issues/Help Requests' as an option. Oh yeah, I'm on an Android phone if that makes any difference ?? Update: whilst on old site I looked at the same page to see that She11 has accepted a lift from another member ... How come it's not the same view on both sites?

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 30/12/2017 23:49  

Lindsay I messaged Matt re the state of the lift requested and lift offered by me and Matt couldn’t understand the problem!?! I’ve since then emailed him but no response!?!
Btw I never visit the old site so I don’t know what shows there !?!

Update Reply
555byker @ 31/12/2017 00:20  

Hey, pleased to hear it's not just me that's getting the weird view.

Btw on old site, it's you that has offered lift n been accepted, just to clarify situation.

It would be good however to get the new site showing the right info though. Matt, any help appreciated. Thanks.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 31/12/2017 00:51  

I tried to highlight the problem but was dissmissed, its a one way button.

You can only ask for a lift.

You can't leave an open offer for an event of a lift. Once you have asked for a lift a new button comes up to offer the person a lift. She probably clicked on that one too.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/12/2017 08:11  

Hi Andrew

You're correct - a member cannot offer a lift in isolation. This - as far as I know - has always been the case.
When I tested this for your event at Haynes, it appeared to work OK.

I can see what you both mean for she11 though. It does look wrong.

I've just added myself on the new site as requesting a lift - just to test it.
Perhaps someone can offer me a lift to see what happens?

Update Reply
nickscafe @ 31/12/2017 08:50  

I just offered you the life and your profile pic came up. So it looks like your giving yourself a life. Too much of this new site was rushed in and does not work as it should

Update Reply
JP @ 31/12/2017 08:59  

Thanks for responding so quickly, JP.

Yep - the new site shows me twice.

The old site shows the correct information.

I'll send a screenshot to Matt.
He's probably running his bar through to new year, so best to expect an update after then.

Update Reply
nickscafe @ 31/12/2017 09:06  

On the old site you used to be able to offer a lift prior to somebody requesting one but it was changed, not sure why but it would be good to have the option back

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 31/12/2017 09:07  

As said to Lindsay in an earlier post, I pm’d Matt and he couldn’t grasp ? it ! I’ve then emailed him with a screenshot, no reply.
I have not visited the old site but believe the request from She11 and my offer accepted are there !
BJ I would totally agree we need the both options, required and offered lifts !!

Update Reply
555byker @ 31/12/2017 09:19  

I thought Matt had help with the site now, can that person not help?The lift offered and requested function is quite important for events.

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 31/12/2017 09:38  

Thanks for the responses folks (thought it was only me!).

As said above the 'offer' function was also available as a stand alone option, on the old site. Thereby giving pillys closest to the offers the opportunity to accept them. Which worked well in the past.

I think it was less work for BJ & JP to 'match members up' for the event at the last minute. As they could clearly see who wanted a lift and who was offering one, and with a little luck (and goodwill of members) they managed to get a very high percentage of lifts sorted.

It makes sense to have both functions available and working correctly so that members don't miss an opportunity of attending a great event😁

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 31/12/2017 10:13  

Thanks for flagging this up Lindsay. I was a bit confused. There wasn’t an option for me to accept or decline. I just requested a lift n Paul offered me one.

Update Reply
She11 @ 31/12/2017 10:40  

No probs She11, I was just wondering whether you were gonna ride your bicycle all the way down to Quatt 😂☺. If so, I was gonna offer to be your 'support vehicle' 🚗👍

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 31/12/2017 10:49  

Haha I’m hurting just at the thought of that

Update Reply
She11 @ 31/12/2017 10:52  

This is more screwed up than we thought. In the test I replied to Nickscafe offering him a lift which showed as his profile as you know. I have now received a Bm generated pm saying Nickscafe has offered me a lift FFS big spanner needs applying to something very fragile and sensitive to impact damage

Update Reply
JP @ 31/12/2017 11:02  

Oh! 😱😨😰

I hope you will be accepting that kind offer JP ...😉

In the words of Limp Bizkit ... Listen up, listen up! Here we go, here we go... it's a f*#&£ed-up world

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 31/12/2017 11:08  

**bump**

Bumping this one up as it's a really useful aspect of event planning. Especially The Pilly Run.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 08/01/2018 20:45  

Oooh, just checked and it defo looks like someone has sprinkled fairy dust on their fingers et voilà! Just like magic, it's done 😀

Thanks 👍

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 08/01/2018 21:21  

yes Lindsay it’s done 🙄 no accepted marker ✅. !?! Just a 🚫 that’s ☹️
It’s poor compared to the original way it was done !!
There is still no facility to ‘OFFER’ a lift that I can see !?!
FOR THE PILLY RUN AND ANY OTHER MEETS THE ‘OFFER’ IS ESSENTIAL !!!

Update Reply
555byker @ 08/01/2018 22:49  

Hey 555byker, I was under the impression that the initial query which was; the lift request showing She11 n Nickscafe as being accepted by themselves, was resolved (ie that the 'offers' by yourself n JP have been 'accepted' as profile pics are showing) which I assumed was an indication that the problem was resolved.

Surely if an offer is made to the request there is no need for anything to indicate an acceptance (such as a tick) other than the related profile pic?

With regards to the ability to offer a lift, I totally agree that this is definitely required and is useful, as I said previously on this thread (31/12/17).

A little patience may help. Matt does have a family and other work commitments, let's give him a little longer to sort the rest out.

Relax, breathe, don't SHOUT! ... No point in getting het up.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 09/01/2018 20:15  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email