MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Query - Lift Requests/Offers

Query - Lift Requests/Offers (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Query - Lift Requests/Offers (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Query - Lift Requests/Offers

S17, I have pm'd you. Don't want you confused😱😵!!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 25/01/2018 08:08  

Thankyou Lindsay...though you could have replied here...not sure why the long pm but thanks anyway for explaining to someone as thick as me.....lol xxx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/01/2018 08:20  

I don't request lifts to events if they are too far for me to ride, hence not requesting a lift to the next Pick up a pilly gathering. Also, most of those offering lifts live too far from me, some actually stating they will give a lift to local folk. Which is fair enough, I don't expect folk to go out of their way. Another issue is the damage to my spine, I can only ride on bikes that I don't need to lean forward all the time.
So that's why I am always asking for a lift.
If some folk read my profile, before commenting, they would already know that. 😀

Update Reply
Sandi @ 25/01/2018 21:09  

S17 I have never called you 'thick', it's very obvious that you are far from it. I PM'd you as I thought it would be polite to do so. Apologies for filling up your inbox! 😉. Easy solved DELETE 😁

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 25/01/2018 22:09  

I don't ever remember seeing the option to offer a lift on the old site but I could be wrong

Update Reply
JP @ 27/01/2018 14:04  

It's way way back, JP...many years, in fact...!

So long ago even Matt doesn't remember it :)

It might make a difference, but as I said on an earlier message - I think it's a gutsy decision to climb on the back of an unknown bike with a rider people may not know very well.

I hope it improves choices in terms of matching rider to the proximity of a lift.
It does go beyond that, though. Individual tastes of bike; specific individual needs in terms of comfort and riding style...etc

It's on the the list to get done.
It's a long to do list, with a variety of priorities to work through.
New technology upgrade this coming week, as well as improving the performance of the site in general.
I think we need to consider adding this option in terms of weeks, rather than days.
It works as it is, so other stuff will get done first.

@ Sandi
I've met you and had a conversation.
Don't need to read your profile.
Just to be clear :)

Update Reply
nickscafe @ 27/01/2018 17:57  

There was an option on the old site not only for a person to ask for a lift, but for a rider to make an open offer of a lift.

This option for a an offer to received or offered in either direction would be nice.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/01/2018 19:31  

Linz and I have just tried to offer each other a lift.

She asked for a lift and I responded. All goes well until Linz tries to accept my offer. There would appear to be no way the pillion can accept the riders offer.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/01/2018 19:44  

Bonus there stuie lol

Update Reply
JP @ 27/01/2018 20:49  

Every cloud has a silver lining mate 😂

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/01/2018 23:54  

JP, you cheeky chappy!😘

Stuie, beware the smiling assassin...

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 27/01/2018 23:57  

This might hurt🤔

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/01/2018 23:58  

Well it all sounds very Scotia when you knows people and I'm sure it is even when you don't lol for some people anyway. Wish you all well anyway 😁🤣😁🤣😁 xxxxx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/01/2018 04:14  

Serenity it's all in good humour I don't think there is anybody on bm that I and many others would not help if they were in need. Ifs a great big family who love to poke fun at each other.

Update Reply
JP @ 28/01/2018 07:44  

Lost in translation ... Sorry I'm being dimmer than a dim thing! 😊

Back on track anyway, @nick it's good to know this one is "on the list to get done". 👍😁

To any pillys out there needing a seat for an event put your face on the event in the calendar and request a lift. Hopefully a lift will be offered. Good luck! 😀

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 28/01/2018 09:15  

@JP yes top bunch of people my friend lol x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/01/2018 12:53  

Hi Matt, just wondering whether there has been an progress on the 'Offer Lift' button on the Events Calendar?

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 25/02/2018 23:02  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email