MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Triumph Bonneville

Triumph Bonneville - Forums [Biker Match] Triumph Bonneville - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Triumph Bonneville

Hey howzit all! I took the Small Baby Blade for MOT this week here in Elgin.
I saw a Triumph Bonneville Silver Jubilee on the bike hoist & thought it looked immaculate. Super clean. I then noticed the number plate bracket was unused. It turns out the Bonneville has never ever been registered! Complete virgin bike, 27 miles on the clock!
The boy who used to own it only showed it. He rode it from the trailer to the display area and back again. The shop bought it but also just showed it for several years.
Now last week they sold it on an internet auction for nearly £12K ... it was £1 047 brand new in 1977!
Never knew investment bikes could go 12 times their value! But obviously you need to know what you buy, or else you'll lose money.
They said they told the boy who bought it from down south, the Bonny would immediately be devalued the minute it's registered & used on the road. But he bought it to ride it, I heard.
Wow, I don't think I could buy a bike like that & NOT ride it? Could you?

Update Reply
Troubadour @ 23/12/2017 08:19  

Motorcycles were built to ride,fast and far.....i love walking around the National Motorcycle Museum near Brum...all the road going bikes there are runners and road registered,all the competition machines regularly started....as they deserve.....:)> as to losing money,just save for 20 years and buy a Vincent,better return than my current account...:)>

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 23/12/2017 08:42  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email