MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

Dorset drug-driver admits killing motorcycle coupl

Dorset drug-driver admits killing motorcycle coupl - Forums [Biker Match] Dorset drug-driver admits killing motorcycle coupl - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

Dorset drug-driver admits killing motorcycle coupl

A driver who was using drugs has admitted causing a crash that killed a motorcyclist and his wife.

Sid Samways, 74, and his wife Barbara, 71, of Blandford, Dorset, died after a collision with a car near Shaftesbury on 2 April.

Jamie Myers, 24, pleaded guilty to two counts of causing death by driving without due care and attention while over the drug-drive limit.

He will be sentenced at Bournemouth Crown Court on 5 January.

Mr Samways was pronounced dead at the scene on the Higher Shaftesbury Road.

His wife, who was riding pillion, was airlifted to hospital but died of her injuries "after a very short but brave battle", her family said.

Myers, of Donhead St Mary, Wiltshire, did not enter pleas to two counts of causing death by driving while unlicensed.

Update Reply
Matt @ 17/11/2017 22:58  

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-dorset-41946142

Update Reply
Matt @ 17/11/2017 22:59  

Makes my blood boil. Not only over drink/drug levels (the only safe level is zero!) but without a licence too!

My thoughts are with the family, what a horrid way to lose their loved ones.

I hope he gets what he truly deserves.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 18/11/2017 10:25  

I was involved in a serious RTA, where a drunk driver hit me at 50 mph. Technically i should not still be here, but after months and months i pulled through.
I despise anyone who drinks or takes drugs and thinks it is ok to get behind the wheel of a car. About time our Laws were toughened up as the penalties still not fitting for the devastation left behind x

Update Reply
Smokey007 @ 18/11/2017 10:43  

Time for zero tolerance with drink and drugs and driving. Hope he spends a long time locked away from the public. For our safety not his rehabilitation. Couldn't care less about him.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/11/2017 18:11  

The only bad accident i ever had on bikes was caused by a drunk driver, still got the scars and plates to remind me,nearly 40 years on..no sympathy with the tossers who endanger everybody...grrrr :(>

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 09/12/2017 13:51  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email