MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

UPDATE: Sending PMs without a subscription

UPDATE: Sending PMs without a subscription - Forums [Biker Match] UPDATE: Sending PMs without a subscription - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

UPDATE: Sending PMs without a subscription

I'm running a little experiment for the next week.

During the next week ANYONE will be able to message ANYONE. Full member or not. You can start a new conversation or reply to existing ones without upgrading.

I will be putting more adverts on the website for standard members though, literally scattered between PMs, forum posts, etc.

Upgrading will remove all adverts.

The idea is that folks either contribute via subscription or by clicking on the adverts every so often. At the moment Google adverts bring in literally pennies, maybe £3 per day, it's pathetic. So if you see an ad you like please click on it and support the site.

A consequence of this change might well be that spammers get through the moderator net easier. Please, please report people to us who you think are spammers so we can deal with them.

There is a limit on new messages by the way... you can only send 60 messages per hour (so one per minute on average). Messaging will be blocked if you go above this and will automatically re-enable again if you slow down.

Comments, questions, feedback - post below please

Update Reply
Matt @ 09/11/2017 14:43  

Blimey, wish I'd held off renewing yesterday! Infuriating that I also got a discount less than the one you mentioned in chat to newbies. Seems that being standard member defo has its perks! Removal of Ads is quite pricey 😣

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 09/11/2017 20:55  

I'm a serial messager..maybe this will encourage people to reply,fingers(and Thumbs)crossed...:)>

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 09/11/2017 21:08  

I've put a cap on it at 200 messages. So long-term members would still need to support the site.

Also, photos are limited to 100 uploads without subs.

And.... Forum posts will be limited to a total of 200.

Basically enough to give folks a "taste" of BM (ewww) rather than being put off by costs immediately.

Lindsay thanks for supporting the site. It helps more than you can imagine. Without folks like you there wouldn't even be BM

Update Reply
Matt @ 09/11/2017 23:03  

200 posts limit in a week...? i'm sure i do more than that in a day sometimes..:(

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 11/11/2017 12:11  

Lol limit is over lifetime of account

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/11/2017 17:01  

HUGE sigh of relief...by the way,who does the photoshop mods on your pictures now..?

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 11/11/2017 18:06  

On mine? That's no Photoshop, just a good camera and photographer (me lol)

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/11/2017 18:51  

I shouldn't be able to post a reply here as I'm currently a standard member, but with nearly 5500 lifetime posts.
So, if this doesn't post, and if I can be bothered, I go back through the forums and delete 4 years' worth of posts to word games and hunners of other threads (including ones I created) in order to allow a few more current posts.
If this does post, then your settings aren't quite working yet.
Let's try it ....

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 12/11/2017 12:20  

Ok it's not working :-D I'll fix it.

I'll also make it so you cannot delete posts older than a day

Update Reply
Matt @ 12/11/2017 12:56  

Fixed the upgrade statistics counting thing (checking how many messages sent, forum posts made, photos uploaded etc). Tested all working (requests you upgrade if you reach your limit)

Update Reply
Matt @ 13/11/2017 22:15  

Hmm, I wonder ...

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 13/11/2017 22:38  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email