MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

NEW: Facebook login

NEW: Facebook login - Forums [Biker Match] NEW: Facebook login - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

NEW: Facebook login

Added a cool new little feature... "Login with Facebook" button.

All it does is check if your Facebook email address is found in our database. If it does then you can continue without entering a password.

Next I will make the "Register" page pre-populate with Facebook info'

Hopefully this will help with people forgetting their passwords all the time

Note that it doesn't check anything but your email address. We don't have access to your FB password and cannot post to FB as you.

Whenever I get time I also want to investigate the possibility of pulling Facebook photos into BM also. I know many people have problems uploading pics from mobile devices, so being able to just select from your Facebook albums should make it a doddle

Update Reply
Matt @ 31/10/2017 23:08  

Bump - any questions please let me know

Update Reply
Matt @ 03/11/2017 08:19  

Bump.... any feedback? 50 people using it so far

Update Reply
Matt @ 09/11/2017 19:29  

No feedback possible from me, as don't have FB.😀

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 09/11/2017 20:44  

Same for me,would not touch Farcebox with a bargepole...sorrry :)>

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 09/11/2017 20:47  

Matt - on my laptop, this seems to have put it in a perpetual loop and it gets stuck on the login page. In the lower left-hand corner I can see the telltale that says 'transferring data from facebook' - even though I'm not logged in to FB.

This is with a 'normal' log in btw, not a 'facebook' login.

It spends several minutes unsuccessfully trying to log in here, so I'm doing this via the 'old' site on my laptop.

Normal login via my phone is fine. I haven't tried the FB login there at all. Or on my laptop

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/11/2017 22:12  

Problem fixed!

Anyone else having any issues with the new Facebook buttons?

Update Reply
Matt @ 13/11/2017 16:09  

Yes,they're still there,pmsl...

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 13/11/2017 19:44  

Ok, so if you join up to Facebook, does that mean that everyone of Facebook can view your profile?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/11/2017 14:59  

Hey FunSize,

No... all that happens is you allow our servers to read your data.
So, for example, when you register on BM for the first time you don't need to fill in your date of birth, gender, email, etc as we just pull that from Facebook.

For logging in, we just use your email address. If it matches an account in our database then you login instantly, without needing to enter a password etc. Will hopefully help because so many people forget their password every day.

And, lastly, many people have problems just uploading photos to their profile. Now on the Edit Photos page you can just hit the Facebook button. We'll connect in the background to Facebook and pull the last 200 photos you was tagged in. You can then click each photo that you want us to save in BM.

We do not post to your Facebook and nobody on your Facebook account will see your link to BM

Hopefully I've answered your concerns. If not, let me know please.

Update Reply
Matt @ 23/11/2017 15:35  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email