MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

A Question?

A Question? - Forums [Biker Match] A Question? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

A Question?

Why is it that you always open a packet of tablets at the leaflet end...... Random question I know but ........lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/11/2007 15:52  

So you can access the leaflet and read the instructions before taking them

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 18/11/2007 15:55  

i know that you loon.....but you watch the next time you open a packet...lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/11/2007 15:59  

Ah thats because the leaflet gremlin is psychic and knows which end you will open and rushes the leaflet around to annoy you he he

Update Reply
middlv @ 18/11/2007 16:05  

yeah but i even sit there and say to myself......''nope,I ain't openin that end and swap sides''.......ok maybe thats something I should keep to myself...lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/11/2007 16:11  

Well loobylou the only other suggestion the LOON can come up with is its the same reason if you drop the lid of the butter it always goes face down making a mess.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 18/11/2007 17:11  

ah...see thats a whole other question...lol ps : loon was meant in a nice way...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/11/2007 17:24  

God knows I'm drunk

Update Reply
Oggy @ 18/11/2007 18:25  

Wish I was too... Read somewhere there's a good scientific/engineerinmg reason whay toast and margarine tub lids fall sticky side down. Summat to do with the rate of rotation of a slice falling one edge first, and the time it takes to fall to the floor. But at this time of night that'll do me head in

Update Reply
Wills @ 18/11/2007 18:39  

Wills the answer is simple the buttered side is heavier so it lands first,

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 18/11/2007 18:51  

Will, if i don't butter the toast then drop the bread which way up will it land, also if I wash the lid of the butter tub then drop it which way up will it land then. Loobylou if I open the packet of tablets and remove the leaflet, next time I open the box will i still be opening it the end where the leaflet is.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 18/11/2007 19:40  

OK, reckon I'll waste an hour or so tomorrow with a stale loaf and some margarine...watch this space!

Update Reply
Wills @ 18/11/2007 20:18  

Bless you Wills I notice from the time of your post that this must be playing havoc with your mind and keeping you awake so look forward to reading the full report after you have done your research. Just one more question if I dropped my dry Weetabix which side would it land on as both sides match. ????? If it had milk poured on it first would that make a difference to which side it landed on as still both sides would be the same as the milk soaks in.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 19/11/2007 06:09  

Oh by the way don't try these at home Kids, or your likely to end up being told off for making a mess.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 19/11/2007 06:09  

Didn't your parent's ever tell you not to play with your food??

Update Reply
Scary @ 19/11/2007 06:51  

gotta be fresh bread Wills or the experiment is worthless!!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 19/11/2007 07:28  

yu can feed the ducks with the stale stuff there quackers too!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 19/11/2007 07:30  

Taking the whole 'butter side down' theme further, if a cat always lands on it's feet, and if you spread the cat's back with butter and dropped it, would it just hover, spinning above the ground? And if the probability of it landing butter side down is directly proportional to the mess it would create, surely, to maximise the hovering effect we would need to coat the cat with tikka masala paste and drop it above a white carpet. Could this be a new propulsion system for the 21st century? Will our grandchildren be travelling on trams powered by large arrays of spinning cats? Does this post have anything to do with the fact I was at a rally over the weekend ;)

Update Reply
abctrev @ 19/11/2007 12:29  

Just sit down quietly Trev and the nice men in white coats will be along in just a minute....

Update Reply
Wills @ 19/11/2007 12:38  

Trev what sort of rally was you on, can I come with you next time, if you come back in that state, there's a chance of me coming back almost normal. Just threw the cat out the bedroom window and true to form even with his back covered in butter he still landed on his feet, the fact that I live on the 8th floor of a block of flats did mean that he is now standing in the grounds like an garden ornament his paws sank so deep into the soft grass but it does go to show that its not always the buttered side that lands face down. NEXT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 19/11/2007 15:11  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email