MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

A Question?

A Question? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] A Question? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

A Question?

The spinning cat theory was carefully and extensively analysed by a group of eminent physicists at the Tokyo Science Fair in 2004. They concluded the theory was unproven so, to create the perfect scientific experimental environment, each buttered cat was locked in a sealed box.
Unfortunately, in an effort to stretch the Japanese science budget the experiment was combined with another, provisionally entitled "Schrodinger - loony or what?" and the buttered feline was ensconced with a source of radiation. Now the problem became would the cat (a) land on its paws (b) on its back (c) was alive (d) was dead (e) had suffered an atack of cat boredom, escaped and had gone to sleep under the erupting volcano exhibit in Hall C.
We will never know the outcome of what some consider to be a seminal piece of expermental research at the cutting edge of moggy-physics as, upon opening the box, a screeching ball of turbo-powered fur shot out at very close to the speed of light and was never seen again.
When reviwing the results the only conclusion that could be reached was cats and greased lightening have a lot more in common than previously thought.
As a postscript, let me just add that Professor Yakimoto received a Nobel prize for some other work he'd done and the cat remained resolutely wary of the butter dish.

Update Reply
Dangermouse @ 19/11/2007 15:34  

and I thought I'd had a good weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
Di @ 19/11/2007 16:20  

As far as the butered bread theory goes, experimental results this afternoon were not so much inclnclusive as counter-conclusive. A single slice of Kingsmill wholemeal, slightly past its best, was buttered on one side and then dropped from a horizontlal position at waist hight. It was held in two hands butter side up, and then one was removed, allowing the slice to tumble as it fell. Out of 20 drops, 19 resulted in the butter side facing upwards. Obviously the writer of the maxim that buttered bread always lands buttered side down was starting from a different position. Or just plain wrong. As fas as Trev's cat theory, as amplified by Herr Doktor Dangermouse, I was unable to proceed to the experiemtal stage because of difficulties in preparing the equipment. The cat is nowhere to be seen, but one consolation is that I had an anti-tetanus jab a few years ago and as a consequence a second one is un-necessary. I am told the wonds will heal quickly.

Update Reply
Wills @ 19/11/2007 16:58  

It s a known fact that if you throw yourself to the ground and just before hitting the ground forget your going to hit the ground then you will actually float just about an inch above the ground. And that true that is!

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 19/11/2007 17:00  

yeah yeah bluesbiker you been spending too much time in my company if you are believing stuff like that or is that what happens after too many pints, as I know that floaty feeling after a few bevvys

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 19/11/2007 17:06  

isnt that how dangerous lynn bashed her nose trying to prove the theory by throwing herself at the ground. lol

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 19/11/2007 17:08  

rofl perhaps we could ask dangerous lyne if she would like to act as our crash test dummy to see if your theory is right, also wonder if we put butter on her back would she still fall on her face and risk breaking her nose again or could I have saved her if I had read this thread before the said night out, earlier in the year

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 19/11/2007 17:12  

personally i wait until the toast has fell on the floor, then butter it

Update Reply
lula @ 20/11/2007 08:42  

No more toast for me in the morning then...lol

Update Reply
skins @ 21/11/2007 08:51  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email