MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Newbies Forum

Personal Contact Details on Profiles

Personal Contact Details on Profiles - Forums [Biker Match] Personal Contact Details on Profiles - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Newbies Forum /

Personal Contact Details on Profiles

Hey Catkins,

Do you include Instagram in this? Cos I only put it up so that people could see more photos of me. as it is just bascially an online gallery I didn't think it would be a problem. The good thing is that it shows up to date photos. But if it comes under the rules then I'll delete it.

Cheers

Tim

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/08/2017 09:07  

Getting that tattoo off my forehead may be tricky...

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 14/08/2017 09:18  

Hey Rattz
Did you find out about Instagram pics?

Update Reply
Woo Woo Blu @ 17/08/2017 12:38  

@ Ratz
@ Woo Woo Blu

I'm sorry - Instagram would fall within the restrictions of BM policy.

I can appreciate genuine reasons for you being keen to link Instagram for access to collections.
The issue will be security and the other facilities Instagram offers - such as messaging, links etc
These already create problems for users where non-genuine / fraudulent activity can lead to risks outside the control of BM.

If we were to encourage it, there are the usual implications of credibility to BM's social and corporate responsibilities.
We have no control or influence over Instagram's activities.

That's about as 'corporate statement' as I want to get

Please appreciate why it isn't viewed with enthusiasm!

Update Reply
nickscafe @ 18/08/2017 15:13  

Thanks for the clarification although tbh I'm so technophobic I can't even use Instagram

Update Reply
Woo Woo Blu @ 18/08/2017 23:35  

Bumping this back to the top for several reasons.

1. A polite reminder:

There have been several members having to change usernames and remove personal information from their profiles, recently.
Please keep your personal information safe. Once it's out there, it cannot be rescued.

2. Please avoid sharing personal contact information on PMs - such as mobile numbers and emails.
We know you do - and the same guidelines apply.
Once you give it away - it cannot be undone.

Take time to get to know new connections and friends to build confidence and trust, before moving on to more personal interaction.

There are regular social BM events where meetings can take place in a more reassuring atmosphere. The events organisers are experienced in handling those occasions.
(although JP can get a bit grumpy at times. Ignore that - it's an endearing quality :) )

Please read through our online guidance on how to get the best from BM and using the internet safely.

If you have an experience you want to discuss, please don't hesitate to use the links to report to moderators.

Asking for assistance promptly helps to resolve things quickly.

...and we're always up for a natter at any time :)

Update Reply
nickscafe @ 10/11/2017 17:38  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email