MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

What's the etiquette with nods?

What's the etiquette with nods? - Forums [Biker Match] What's the etiquette with nods? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

What's the etiquette with nods?

Ok, here's the thing; I'm new here and I was wondering what you all make of giving and receiving 'nods'.
First off, is anyone offended? I mean are there those of you who see it a bit like a wolf whistle?
Secondly, who can nod whom? Is it ok for a straight man to nod another bloke because he likes his bike or whatever but doesn't want to start a conversation?
And then, do you feel obliged to nod back? Or should you reward a nod with a message?
Is not responding to a nod considered rude?

Lastly and most likely, am I overthinking this?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/05/2017 21:47  

Yes...but always nod back,'tis only polite..:)

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 31/05/2017 21:57  

https://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?topic_id=12503

Try this one too .. interesting to see differing takes on 'The Nod'

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 31/05/2017 23:39  

Yes, just read that one. All good fun and, of course my initial enquiry was always a little tongue-in-cheek. Everyone has their own take and there's nothing wrong with a little ambiguity to spice things up.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/06/2017 00:23  

Copied and pasted from my write up on my profile, been on here since 2011 and never used it as a dating site. I have made some fantastic friends over the years from here :)
If Mr right did pop past then that's a bonus but I use it for bike chat etc.

..............................I do send nods and messages because its my way of saying hello...nothing more nothing less just a polite hello :) How else do you expect to make new friends ?

Update Reply
X Beanz X @ 12/06/2017 20:16  

but I don't think you can't nod unless you a paying member

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/06/2017 21:00  

If I remember right think it used to be a 'wink', but that made some people feel uncomfortable when receiving a wink from someone who's the same sex, hence why changed to a nod.

Some may feel uncomfortable sending a nod to someone of the same sex even now. Personally it wouldn't bother me receiving a nod, whether it be from a female or male.

Think things may only get weird depending on what was in a PM message??

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/06/2017 21:06  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email