MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Travelling in France

Travelling in France - Forums [Biker Match] Travelling in France - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Travelling in France

Hello all. I'm going to France next month, first time abroad on the bike. I know there are things that are needed, but do I really need reflective stickers onmy helment?? I bought a new helment a couple of months ago and don't want to put stickers on it. My son is coming pillion, does his have to have stickers?? Or does anyone know of stickers that are not permenant??

Update Reply
ADL750 @ 30/05/2017 20:59  

I'm going too,forget the stickers,just make sure you have a bulb kit,breathalyser kit and a reflective bib in luggage.,GB sticker on number plate....that should cover it,i think.:)>

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 30/05/2017 21:29  

With my new helmet, four small reflective stickers were included. There is specific size requirements. They are only required for 'FRANCE' !!!
Although breathalysers are a requirement, there is no longer a fine for not having one. I have a pair but when they are out of date I'll bin them and not replace them.
There's a new speed camera in operation but have no info!
Check out Drive-France.com where I think you'll find all you need to know.

Update Reply
555byker @ 30/05/2017 23:31  

Don't forget to find out about emissions certs.

Update Reply
GL Blue @ 31/05/2017 10:30  

And original documents, they don,t like photocopies......

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/05/2017 11:56  

Here is facts rather than folk opinions

http://www.fema-online.eu/website/index.php/consumer-information/riding-abroad/

Update Reply
madscots @ 11/07/2017 10:14  

Cheers for the link,Madscots...very useful and clear info for lots of countries... Found it quite interesting that France has the largest list of do/dont's...thought Switzerland would win that one...

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 11/07/2017 20:48  

Most aren't enforced and having dealt with Police a number of times over the years running tours never been an issue. I think basically if your being stupid you get it but in most cases normally they see reg plate and wave you past.

I came back the day after Brexit was announced and they only run one booth at the crossing was a nightmare. So not sure how future enforcement will go but why i make sure they know I'm Scottish

Update Reply
madscots @ 16/07/2017 23:22  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email