MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Acting your age ? Why ?

Acting your age ? Why ? - Forums [Biker Match] Acting your age ? Why ? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Acting your age ? Why ?

Hi Does anyone get fed up with........ should you be on a bike at your age, should you be going out so often, don't you feel like taking it easy, bet your looking forward to retirement to get your feet up etc etc. NO !!!! Was in the pub the other night watching a band, rang a couple of people younger than me by a long way....ohhhhh nooo had a bad day, too tired blah blah. WHAT THE HELL IS THE MATTER WITH SOME PEOPLE. Just cuz I'm 62, I aint dead !!! Those of you that know me know that I'm not one to curl up and die just because I'm over 60. I'm always looking forward to the next thing, not to stopping doing things. Your a long time dead so get on with life while you have one. Anyone else got thoughts on that ? sermon over. Current things in the plan - Sorento, Yorkshire bike trip, Southern spain catfish fishing, Route 66 on a Harley, Australia again, I would love a ride in the 2 seater spitfire, and so it goes on. F**K slowing down.

AJ

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 13/05/2017 22:40  

As a fellow senile delinquent,i can agree with everything you posted,bar one....hire a Triumph to do Route 66,just to p*ss the natives off more..sure a Rocket Three Touring should do the trick,ride far ,be safe AJ

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 14/05/2017 10:00  

I think there's a tinge of jealousy from those that give opinions on how to 'behave at your age'.
Face it - you're a non-conformist
As the song goes - advice is a form of nostalgia. Dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it's worth.
Turn up the volume and dance to your own tune.

Update Reply
nickscafe @ 14/05/2017 14:08  

AJ, as for another - oh for goodness sake mother you need to act your age!! - I have started my bucket list and I desperately want to pillion on a track and try out a sidecar!! Before it too dam late :D

Update Reply
Joey05 @ 14/05/2017 16:07  

Senile delinquent ha ha Have to remember that one.

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 14/05/2017 17:43  

What the hell, your age is just a number... if you feel and want to do things still then go and do them, because once you get to a point you can't you'll be ever thinking "why didn't I actually go and do that".

I've still got plans on doing stuff I have on my list, okay so some of them are still on the list and I may not get to do them... but going to damn well try.

Oh... next time you have someone younger saying on the lines of 'shouldn't you be tucked up in bed with some coco', ask them as they're so late out, "do you want me to ring your mom to pick you up now?"

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/05/2017 20:40  

I spoke with one of the wife's cousins a while ago, he said 'I admire you, you're a do'er, I just sit on the fence, weigh things up and end up doing nothing' Says it all really. Oh and thanks for the advice Neo ref the telephone thing. So I'm a do'er and a Senile Delinquent.

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 14/05/2017 21:02  

Wonder if they do a senile delinquent T shirt ?f

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 14/05/2017 21:04  

Get one ordered for me too AJ!! lol

Update Reply
Joey05 @ 14/05/2017 21:20  

Hey AJ...

I'd rather go out crashing through the pearly gates in a balling flame at 90 (age wise), than do what a lot do, get to an age and think they have to behave differently for some reason? .

One of my friends had a grandmother that rode her old bike (Matchless/Douglas/Vincent/whatever it was as can't remember) right up to her 80's... Kudos for her I say .

And if you have access to a computer printer, you can get from most good supply shops special A4 printing paper to print you're own T-shirts... done some myself

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/05/2017 21:25  

Try This One....:)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OLD-ENOUGH-KNOW-BETTER-T-Shirt-100-Cotton-FREE-Fun-slogan-laugh-funny-/222500769319?var=&hash=item7962aef622

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 14/05/2017 21:30  

https://teespring.com/en-GB/shop/Magnetic-Revolutions#pid=2&cid=2122&sid=back

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 14/05/2017 22:03  

I was going to make a comment but I,ve forgotten what.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/05/2017 22:16  

Sorry.who are ya ? have we met ?

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 15/05/2017 03:27  

Think we met in the trenches.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/05/2017 08:21  

was t5hat the first world war Yarg lmao jokin lol

Update Reply
dennyboo @ 15/05/2017 09:17  

Dunno, I,ve forgotten.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/05/2017 18:53  

Haha..I'm lucky..I have 3 kids but my nephew has already told me he's going to look after me and make sure I have plenty of gin

Update Reply
Joey05 @ 16/05/2017 06:54  

Quite a boring rider... bought a Z1000 and turned into a hooligan who razzes everywhere on it must be 'cos it's green

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 16/05/2017 22:06  

Nope..My Speed Triple is black,but it wants to race every flash car away from the lights(no contest)...must just be us..:)>

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 16/05/2017 22:21  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email