MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Help build up our calendar

Help build up our calendar (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Help build up our calendar (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Help build up our calendar

That [GRUMPY] button will be well used by me, but you already know that.

Can I ask that it's a VERY BIG button please? My stubby fingers are finding little itybity buttons increasing more difficult to hit. Thank you

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 01/02/2017 10:05  

For those saying they're adding events but they're not being approved - please let me know which ones. Because as far as I'm aware MrMike is on top of the calendar and everything has been approved (normally within a day).

Regarding the tagging. I'm working now on making these changes but I'm struggling to make it look pretty.

For example, the calendar now shows...

1) Event name *123mi

And for most events this is squeezing in.

I propose the following...

1) BM - Event Name *123mi, 2/36

Meaning - 123 miles distance, 2 friends going, 36 people in total, and is a BM-organised event.

It's the most compressed way of writing it.

The distance will only show if you are logged in and have a profile on BM so we know your postcode.

The search page will be easy to update. There's already a button for showing which events your friends are going to. I will just add 2 more buttons - 1 for events with ANYONE going and 1 for events organised by BM

Feedback welcome about the event name suggestion on the calendar overview page

Update Reply
Matt @ 03/02/2017 10:51  

Well ,2 events i submitted are still not on there,1 won't matter as all tickets sold out in a day..(.Barflys Rally...7-9 July) and Maryport Blues Festival 28th July To 1st Aug....and many events i've checked out on events don't have ANY BM members listed as going,so that can't be the cause of mine being ignored,can it???

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 03/02/2017 18:53  

If the calendar must be packed with events perhaps the thing to remember is KISS.

Let's have the name of the event and miles as it is now. Add BM if relevant for BM organised events, or it give it a different coloured title.

Then when we open up the event have it as now with number of attendees etc.

I was not complaining about the layout, merely the number of irrelevant and unattended events on the calendar, which made things difficult to find.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 03/02/2017 21:19  

Hello...? I appear to be talking to myself...?
perhaps somebody can tell me the secret password for getting submitted events included on events calender then...? any takers?

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 03/02/2017 23:01  

I've no idea Jinx. I asked for something putting on last year and in the end pm'd Matt and it was added retrospectively.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 03/02/2017 23:47  

All I can say is this is a joke 2 members have Tried add the same event over the last 5 weeks and its still not been put on the calendar. The event is The Barflys Rally it is already sold out there is no point adding it again

Update Reply
JP @ 06/02/2017 16:41  

If it's added now then folk going will at least be able to see who else is going, and they can also share photos afterwards.
I offered to help as a Calendar admin, but apparently I'm not needed.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 06/02/2017 19:26  

I'm worried there might be a bug hiding events, or not showing them to Mike for approval.

Because I see nothing in July waiting for approval.

So, for now please don't complain that we're ignoring your events - It might be a bug!

I'm working now on adding the "BM Organised" flag, but it means I need to go through thousands of events already in the database figuring out which ones are BM events

Update Reply
Matt @ 10/02/2017 08:44  

in the past 60 days there's been 63 events submitted.

55 of them are approved and on the calendar.

48 of them are still in the future.

I've checked and they ARE showing on the calendar.

Here's a list, ordered by date of the event. Showing username + event title:

julie-lgv - Stupid Cupid 2
Lindsay - The Annual Fred Hill Ride - Leeds
izzyhill - **BM** Scottish Second2 Sunday lunch
Catkins - Night Out In Chester
Holmfirthgirl - BSB Donington
Vladamir - Squires Egg Run
phasmatis - Easter in Ypres
Holmfirthgirl - BSB Brands Hatch Indy
SPESH - Three tribes Easter Rally
Steve_H - Portpatrick
Catkins - Red Marley Hill Climb
VFR800AJ - Pick up a Pillion day - Matlock
ratkinsonuk - MAG Into The Valley 2017
JP - Bmad Bike festival 2017
Holmfirthgirl - BSB Oulton Park
Babyvara - Bike4Life
PastTracks - Despatch Rally
SuzyTriumph - Trip to NW200 Races - Northern Ireland
Wills - Tarts in Tartan Rally
Wills - No Bull, just Beer and Bikes
harleyjean - Trikefest 2017
DAVE VM - Grasstrack Racing, Kent. Sunday 28th May 2017
mrstwamo - Antelope MCC Rally
Catkins - Barnstormer Rally
Mersey Tiger - Horizons Unlimited - HUBB UK
Holmfirthgirl - BSB Knockhill
Brummie Jackie - MAG Farmyard Party 30th Anniversary
Wannabe - Summer Solstice Wessex Ale 'N' Cider Fest
Holmfirthgirl - BSB Snetterton
Kwakachap - Chinnor Bike Dayz
Owd Stokey - Great Yarmouth Takeover weekend camp
DAVE VM - Grasstrack Racing, Kent. Sunday 16th July 2017
yellowb - Skegness Charity Bike Night
Holmfirthgirl - BSB Brands GP
kev i in - Running on empty 8
Catkins - Rock Blues Custom Show, Derbyshire
Holmfirthgirl - BSB Thruxton
harryhighx - Tartan Vandals Mcc Smash Grab 7 Rally
JP - Yorkshire rock and bike 2017
Holmfirthgirl - BSB Cadwell
HayabusaRob - Moto GP 2017 racing at Silverstone
magnumdx500 - HORNSEA BIKE EVENT
Wannabe - Kent Chrome Cruisers 2017
Holmfirthgirl - BSB Silverstone
Holmfirthgirl - BSB Oulton Park
DAVE VM - Grasstrack Racing, Kent. Sunday 24th September 2017
Holmfirthgirl - BSB TT Circuit Assen
Holmfirthgirl - BSB Brands GP

Update Reply
Matt @ 10/02/2017 09:05  

Added to calendar options:
https://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/newcalendar_search.asp

Option to search for BM-organised events and also search for events with ANYONE attending vs FRIENDS attending (friends = people you add to your favourites list)

Update Reply
Matt @ 10/02/2017 09:41  

Can I point out that FYP this year is NOT the 30th Anniversary (2016 was).

I doubt that there will be much difference to any other year but just for clarity anyone expecting anniversary celebrations, you missed em it was last year!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 10/02/2017 11:44  

Ok new problem... how can I figure out which existing events are BM-organised?

5,000 events going back 10 years.

Is there anyone who thinks they would know best and could maybe go over the last year of events for me (using a spreadsheet i can email)?

Update Reply
Matt @ 10/02/2017 12:30  

It might be construed as overstepping the mark and an abuse of privilege on my part, but I've checked Lindsay's comments out and edited the title of the FYP event to remove reference to 30th Anniversary.
I have also corrected the 2016 dates to the correct 2017 ones - it now runs as it should: Fri to Sun instead of Sat to Mon.
So much for checking!

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 10/02/2017 20:11  

Done! Read it here:
https://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?topic_id=14642

I've only been through 10% of the database events to pull out the BM events. Long way to go, very time consuming.

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/02/2017 13:53  

Thank you Izzy for making the correction to the FYP event. Greatly appreciated.

Indeed it is good to know things are 'checked'

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 11/02/2017 17:10  

Out of curiosity...what is the usual timescale for calendar events to be checked and added?

Once they are added, does the person submitting the calendar event - BM or non-BM event - receive a message confirming it?

Also...if there's an issue or query with the event, is the person who added it to the calendar - but maybe made an error - receive any message from the calendar Mod asking for clarification?

Submitted an event for 29 July for Calne bike meet. First time I've added something - just wanted to check how the process might work in case I made a submission error.

Update Reply
nickscafe @ 26/04/2017 19:48  

1st May there is the 1066 bikers meet at Hastings good chance too see bikers and get to know each other is public surrounding

Update Reply
Phantomrfa @ 27/04/2017 05:50  

Matt why do you need to know which PAST events were BM ones?  If everyone who submits a BM event for the calendar states that it's a BM event, by adding BM to the title then that would solve that problem, yes?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 29/04/2017 07:52  

I joined BM due to the prospect of being part of a community of like minded folk who love the whole biking lifestyle.For me that means meeting up with people who if you dont akready class as friends you soon will, riding ofcourse, wether its your bike or as a pillion .Having a laugh and being part of something brilliant and unique.With this in mind agree that events on here should be tailored to things that members are attending or planning rather then just posting events in general. Just don't shoot me for my thoughts eh !!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/05/2017 05:01  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email