MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Anything doing in Sth Cumbria/The Lakes

Anything doing in Sth Cumbria/The Lakes - Forums [Biker Match] Anything doing in Sth Cumbria/The Lakes - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Anything doing in Sth Cumbria/The Lakes

Hi Folks,
I was just wondering if there are many folk in or around the south lakes / Cumbria / North Lancashire area or if there are any events/ride outs/meet ups going on? Doesn't seem to be much in the events section for this area.

I tend to find I'm out on a limb up here, when i've tried to get involved with any other bike clubs, which is why I don't get out on my bikes half as much as I used to.

Would be really pleased to hear of anything going.

Cheers

Update Reply
Shet03 @ 13/11/2016 12:35  

Hi Shet, we have had meets in Dent and Glennridding in the past. Hopefully more of the same next year

Update Reply
SlowGoose @ 16/11/2016 19:59  

Awesome, I'll keep my eye out for something cropping up then

Update Reply
Shet03 @ 16/11/2016 22:07  

Yep things need to happen in '17.
I expect there will be a Dent do in the early spring... if I get my act together :-)

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 08/12/2016 20:51  

Cool. I need to get these wheels rolling. No point in having bikes on the road going no-where

Update Reply
Shet03 @ 09/12/2016 00:58  

You can always arrange a ride and hope folk will come along. Good weather always helps, but unfortunately we can't do anything to secure it and we're mostly not fair-weather bikers.

I hear you have a few interesting passes down there - and there must be some stunning scenery (not to mention cake shops and ice cream dairies) you'd like to introduce us to????

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 09/12/2016 14:15  

My reply vanished. Millom has a bike show in September and ride outs at weekends depending on weather and number of people interested

Update Reply
naomijr @ 10/12/2016 10:12  

A meeting point on a 2nd Sunday of the month morning 10am for a 10.15 2hr Lakes ride, coffee stop & return. Max speed of 45mph. Just a thought from April to September. A591 lay-by at Stavely ( between the two turnings to Stavely facing towards Windermere

Update Reply
Stylewise @ 26/12/2016 21:17  

Sounds like a good plan, but we'll most likely need something before April.
Love the minimum speed limit idea

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 29/12/2016 20:23  

watch out for the 40mph speed cameras near Ings, around there the petrol station is

Update Reply
naomijr @ 04/01/2017 20:20  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email