MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Stunt FLYING at K.I.S.S rally!

Stunt FLYING at K.I.S.S rally! - Forums [Biker Match] Stunt FLYING at K.I.S.S rally! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Stunt FLYING at K.I.S.S rally!

Exciting news for you all.... some of you may know that my other passion is flying planes. Well I realised a few weeks back that our K.I.S.S Rally this year at Squires is only a couple of miles from Sherburn airport!
So, I thought what a good idea it would be to hire a stunt/aerobatics plane for our biking friends at BM who may want to try out another awesome lifetime experience!
If you don’t know what I mean, check this out… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNJ42_WKn_8
Ok that’s a little advanced, but we’re welcome to do some basic stunt flying (loops, barrel rolls, etc).
As I’ll be busy all weekend with K.I.S.S I contacted a flying examiner who I know, also a biker who’ll be attending the rally, and he’s offered to hire a stunt plane for the whole day (11:00-18:00) on Saturday (12 Sept) to take any of our rally attendees up for a short spin.
However, we need to know ASAP who is interested so we can organise a schedule. The price will be approximately £90 for 40 minutes which is more than enough time to try out all the basic manoeuvres.
Due to the small number of slots available, it’ll be a first-come first-served basis. A deposit will be required in advance to reserve your flight. These flights require a basic level of fitness of course, so if you have a history of health problems such as heart attacks please think twice before putting your name down.
Any questions… post here (separate thread to the K.I.S.S rally one). Interested? Send me a Private Message and I'll send you more information on how to book
Thanks Matt

Update Reply
Matt @ 30/08/2015 15:15  

I'll be there to celebrate with you : )

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/08/2015 16:09  

So come on guys.... you can't all be chicken! PS: no stunts are necessary, you can just fly the plane as any other plane.
And the idea is also that you fly yourself, you have control!

Update Reply
Matt @ 01/09/2015 20:04  

I was thinking about having a competition for those stupid errr brave enough to go up. We will make a list of the number of loops rolls what ever there called and the best show of the day will get there evening meal and a couple of pints payed for. There could be an trophy or something for best pilot or loudest scream and a wall of shame for anybody that come's back crying.

Update Reply
JP @ 03/09/2015 22:13  

What day are these on

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 04/09/2015 17:43  

If you read the post you would have seen it Bill lol

Update Reply
JP @ 04/09/2015 18:01  

To right jp it,s just easer to ask then read through long messages lol

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 05/09/2015 04:57  

At least your honest about it

Update Reply
JP @ 05/09/2015 07:58  

Saturday rules it out for quite a few people as they will be out on there bikes, i,ll be leading a ride and want to be away by 11 and don,t expect to be back befor 5

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 05/09/2015 09:45  

i don't think anyone expects you to be back before 5 Bill.

do you mean saturday evening or Sunday morning

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 06/09/2015 02:04  

It,s after 5 Saturday but if it was 5 Sunday morning that would be after 5 on Saturday so i,m right lol

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 06/09/2015 06:47  

Bumped for the Boy.

Exciting news for you all.... some of you may know that my other passion is flying planes. Well I realised a few weeks back that our K.I.S.S Rally this year at Squires is only a couple of miles from Sherburn airport!
So, I thought what a good idea it would be to hire a stunt/aerobatics plane for our biking friends at BM who may want to try out another awesome lifetime experience!
If you don’t know what I mean, check this out… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNJ42_WKn_8
Ok that’s a little advanced, but we’re welcome to do some basic stunt flying (loops, barrel rolls, etc).
As I’ll be busy all weekend with K.I.S.S I contacted a flying examiner who I know, also a biker who’ll be attending the rally, and he’s offered to hire a stunt plane for the whole day (11:00-18:00) on Saturday (12 Sept) to take any of our rally attendees up for a short spin.
However, we need to know ASAP who is interested so we can organise a schedule. The price will be approximately £90 for 40 minutes which is more than enough time to try out all the basic manoeuvres.
Due to the small number of slots available, it’ll be a first-come first-served basis. A deposit will be required in advance to reserve your flight. These flights require a basic level of fitness of course, so if you have a history of health problems such as heart attacks please think twice before putting your name down.
Any questions… post here (separate thread to the K.I.S.S rally one). Interested? Send me a Private Message and I'll send you more information on how to book
Thanks
Matt

Update Reply
JP @ 06/09/2015 07:00  

yea we have the plane booked on the saturday.

I will go early in the morning and try it out myself, never done aerobatics before.

Then we have the plane until 18:00.

If there's not much interest by Wednesday then we'll have to cancel it :-(

Update Reply
Matt @ 06/09/2015 19:24  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email